1993 7.3L IDI Turbo Removal?

PSDfreak

Diesel-a-holic
Reaction score
Its got a factory turbo and I need to remove it to sell...Any one have a write or a quick how to on removal...Im somewhat foreign to the IDI motors...

Thanks,
Casey

masterbeavis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am not an expert, but with anything, its like eating an elephant. How do you eat an elephant you might ask? Its easy, you do it one bite at a time. Do you have any kind of factory or aftermarket documentation, like a Chiltons, or Haynes? For most simple repairs, those books *usually* provide enough information to get you lost halfway finished, er I mean get the job done.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
turno R&R isn't in the Chiltons or Haynes books.
you're going to have some fun.
before getting too carried away, pull the downpipe, the crossover pipe and then see if you can separate the uppipe halves. If you can't you have your work cut out for you. usually involves unbolting and lifting the body. once the uppipe is separated, the rest on the top of the motor is pretty self explainitory.

sassyrel

Reaction score
two--my uppipe halfs wouldnt move--so---i took every bolt out--grabbed the blue wrench(torch) give the wife the welding gloves--she got on top of engine. i got under the truck--and applied the warmth!!!! she wiggled it back and forth--and it came loose-----but it werent fun!!!!!!!!!!!!! this was in prep for the mod ats parts!!!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online