1992 F-350 7.3 IDI CC LB "Back to the Classics" Thread

92LongBed

Reaction score
Hi All, I wanted a place to document everything I am doing to this new truck of mine. I feel like I will have quite a bit of time working on various upgrades, repairs and maintenance so I wanted to share that with the Oil Burner community! I will update the thread as much as I can with as much detail as I can about processes and products etc.

My truck as I bought it!

1992 F-350 7.3L IDI Crew Cab Long Bed Single Rear Wheel 5-Speed
- banks sidewinder kit
-311000 miles

Previous owner provided necessary information on engine maintenance and coolant history. Very little blow-by overall

Previous owner stated the rear axle was upgraded for more towing capacity but I do not have a clue on how to figure out what it is but I will eventually.

You must be registered for see images attach

here's my OLB (ole long *****) OBS

removed the previous owner's tail lights back to the beautiful stock design was on my list first and foremost.

looks much better this way

92LongBed

Reaction score
Next for me was cleaning it up to maintain the beautiful as I call it... kidney bean dream interior. :Thumbs Up
plenty of years of grease, mud and dirt in the carpet so I had to buy a few products to assist me in this cleaning process.
-Bissel Pro water vacuum
-Chemical Guya Carpet Stain Remover
-Drill brush to lift out all the gnarly stains
went through about 8 cycles of this color water but the finished product was wellll worth it!

92LongBed

Reaction score
I took some time this weekend to clean up my engine bay. I am always jealous of seeing people with those sparkling clean engine bays so I figured I'd give it a go. I got no where close to what you see in magazines but it did do wonders!
BEFORE:

AFTER:

I'd like to add that after cleaning the engine bay area out. My truck runs much quicker in acceleration and has what feels like more torque. I'm not sure what changed but friendly reminder to take some time to keep the soot, grease and maybe old oil off of your engine!

Old Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi All, I wanted a place to document everything I am doing to this new truck of mine. I feel like I will have quite a bit of time working on various upgrades, repairs and maintenance so I wanted to share that with the Oil Burner community! I will update the thread as much as I can with as much detail as I can about processes and products etc.

My truck as I bought it!

1992 F-350 7.3L IDI Crew Cab Long Bed Single Rear Wheel 5-Speed
- banks sidewinder kit
-311000 miles

Previous owner provided necessary information on engine maintenance and coolant history. Very little blow-by overall

Previous owner stated the rear axle was upgraded for more towing capacity but I do not have a clue on how to figure out what it is but I will eventually.

here's my OLB (ole long *****) OBS

removed the previous owner's tail lights back to the beautiful stock design was on my list first and foremost.

looks much better this way
Yeah those stock tail lights do look better. there was a few years Ford had the reverse light wrap around instead of shinning to the rear. it does help having the light shine out to the sides.
I have 1/2 dozen sets I grabbed from PNP.

Carpet cleaned up pretty good. I have the Bissell
little green machine I think it is called. it cleans up the carpet pretty well also.

Nice looking truck.

Goat

Gr8ful

Reaction score
Sweet truck! I have a '94 E350 Ambo w/88,000 orig miles I bought for camping. Looks as nice as yours, I really love it!

5 oclock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah those tails are way better. Very sweet truck. I look forward to more updates.

What did you clean the air filter with. I purchased the kn stuff and there is warnings all over lol. It must be TOXIC (and work well).

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramtough01