1992 ambulance van for sale/ what is it worth?

w123suv

Reaction score
I have a craigslist add here: http://columbus.craigslist.org/cto/5791906383.html?lang=en&cc=us

I would really like to sell the van because I have not been using it since March. It needed a new brake booster and I did not get that replaced until last month. I drove it that wat for months but did not feel good about selling it with the brakes so hard to use. I replaced the booster and the master cylinder.

It was also have some air intrusion problems. It would always start up great when cold. Sometimes when it was warm it would smoke a lot for 20 to 30 seconds. I did a compression test and got 430 to 460 on every cylinder. A forum member suggested advancing the IP a dimes width. When I went to do that I noticed that the pump was off the timing mark in the retarded direction. I just moved it back to the factory marks and it it starts up warm a lot better now. Might do even better advanced a little?

Only other issue I have had with it was discussed in a thread here: http://www.oilburners.net/forums/showthread.php?72725-Should-I-be-concerned-(water-in-oil)

After that posting I never noticed it again until last month when getting it ready to sell. After getting it warmed up I noticed some condensation again. I have not added one drop of antifreeze to the van since buying it and putting 30k miles on it. I did check sca levels. I pressure tested the cooling system and did the compression test. My theory is that the "pan" in between the intake manifolds was collecting rain water and leaking into the engine. I sprayed a garden hose on the windshield and I could get a slow drip that could potentially collect in that pan. I had changed the oil in June and not driven it at all and when I found the condensation again I changed the oil again. When I changed the oil I looked for water but did not see any. All of this made me nervous so I did the compression test but that came back good.

If I could find the time I would like to change the seals in the oil cooler but I just have too many other projects so who knows when that will be.

I would like to get it out of the driveway so make me an offer or let me know what you guys think it is worth.