1991 manual to electric door swap

theSHERPA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Can someone who has done this swap confirm my theories? Blue/black w/white stripe provides power to harness? Pull the single green w/yellow stripe plug, insert pictured plug?

Do I need to splice in the green w/yellow stripe back into new pigtail or is it just a place holder?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

catbird7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm the last person on earth that should be offering advice on wiring issues however I was faced with a similar dilemma recently when installing 1995 OBS doors on an 1987 Brick with 1989 dash and wiring,,,,, the research I've done so far seems to indicate the blue wire with black tracer is power to the windows, the black wire with white tracer is power to the door locks. Unfortunately, I have not installed my underhood wiring harness yet therefore cannot confirm this is correct.

BDCarrillo

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Power to locks should be constant 12v, windows key on/accy only

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The conversion I did, I used a 30 a circuit breaker on the driver's side battery, and ran a 10 gauge wire inside to power the locks and the windows all the time. The reason being, the circuit spots for these were not loaded in the original fuse box on the truck I was working on.

I am thinking this is why they sold some of these options grouped together. The simpler trucks got the fuse box with less fuses and circuits loaded in it, the uipscale trucks got the fuse box fully loaded with all the needed circuits.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7

Members online