jonleroy2506

Reaction score
Hey all, to start off if this isn't the right forum or page to be posting this question on, I apologize in advance.

I am looking to level my truck (1991 f250 7.3 idi 4wd) but I can't seem to find a leveling kit available anywhere on the internet from a brand that I recognize. All I've really seen are what appear to be home built add-a-leaf kits ranging anywhere from 50$-80&, and I just don't think I trust a 50$ kit from some random dude on ebay.

So I suppose my question is, is there a decent leveling kit out there for these trucks? Or can a person really just build their own add-a-leaf system or other sort of blocks between the leafs and the axle?

Thanks

cozinsky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can't do much anything with a TTB as far as raising it without also lowering the pivots, otherwise you'll throw the camber way out of spec. I put Tuff Country 2 1/2" lift kits in a couple of mine before I eventually swapped in Dana 60s. They will lift the front end 2 1/2" and the rear about 1 1/2". They include drop brackets for the axle pivots and will level the truck. Its not enough lift to cause any clearance issues and it will look similar in height to a stock F350.
I actually have three of those kits sitting in my shed (two gas and one diesel) that I'd be willing to sell but I imagine the shipping would be crazy.

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you want to level it, lower the rear. Like was said, you can't change the ride height of these trucks with just springs without throwing the frontend alignment off. You can raise it about 1.5 inches and they can still get it in alignment. Anything above that is borderline, and these frontends are bad on tires as it is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online