1991 F250 Dually 6sp Hypermax turbo intercooled

Jaybee

Reaction score
This is the truck that has the Super Duty 6 speed ZF fit into it along with several other cool modifications... This truck started life as a standard F-250 pickup with the 7.3l diesel, automatic transmission, and non dually 3.73 drum brake rear axle. At around 80,000 miles I added a Hypermax Turbocharger kit and a Powerstroke intercooler bringing the horsepower up significantly. At 100,000 miles I replaced the automatic with a 6 speed manual transmission from a '99 Powerstroke Super Duty. I also swapped the rear axle for a completely rebuilt one from a '99 E-350 dually ambulance. This Dana 70 HD gave the truck rear disc brakes, 4.10 limited slip, and dual wheels. I used Arrowcraft spacers for the front wheels, and a brand new set of Alcoa Classic dually wheels. The truck still has the original paint, but it's getting pretty dead. It's never had any bodywork, and the only dent is a very small one on the tailgate.

Truck comes with the Leer cap as shown in the pics. The truck currently has about 120,000 miles on it and runs great. It fires up instantly even in the cold temps we've been having. I pulled a 9500lb trailer to NY and back and was able to break the speed limit on any of the long mountain pulls on that trip - and I averaged 13mpg doing it! It pulls very strong! Peak boost is about 14psi on a hard pull and the EGT's peak at 1200.
I am only the second owner and bought it with 34,000 miles on it. It's always been a southern truck that hasn't seen salt, and the underside shows it. I am an individual selling this truck - not a used car lot! The only reason I am selling it is I now have kids and ended up getting a crew cab superduty so we could all go in the truck.
For bigger pictures go to http://tubularfab.com/f250

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online

No members online now.