1991 F-350 crewcab/dually with BTS Transmission and Turbo

Mikes91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm selling my 1991 Ford F-350. It has a Banks Sidewinder turbo on it, with exhaust, 3 gauges (trans temp, EGT, Boost), and Transcommand.

The truck has a Brian's Truck Shop transmission on it, installed in July/August of 2004. Only hauling on the new transmission was pulling a 6500 pound trailer (car) across the country. I think I've put about 7000 miles on the transmission... I'll have to look at the records. I have all records of work done on the truck since I've owned it (January 2003).

A brief summary of work done, per my recollection (records are in the truck, I'm in the house):
- brakes done, including new drums (early 2003)
- 6 new tires in 2003
- Banks turbo/exhaust/gauges added in July '03
- Front end rebuild (late '03)

Again, my records are in the truck and I'm too lazy to get them right now... dates are approximate.

I have a new radiator overflow bottle and new RV mirrors for sale with the truck, or will sell those items separately. PM me if interested in those.

The truck has been reliable so far except for one stall that required a tow... looks like that was due to bad fuel--Ford couldn't find anything wrong and I've been problem-free ever since.

Issues:

Rear brakes do lock. Haven't taken it to a brake shop to find out why. Ford did some work on it, but didn't replace the ABS sensor, which I suspect is the culprit since essentially the entire brake system was rebuilt except for the lines and master cylinder.

The truck also has a bit of turbo rub on the firewall, and a loose turbo heat shield. Easily fixed. Fan rubs on radiator shroud... should be an easy fix as well.

Air conditioning compressor quit last summer. Ford had converted the system to handle the new refrigerant but I didn't want to give them another $1000 to install a new compressor. I've not done this because I never need A/C here in Monterey where I attend school.

Overall, this truck is pretty solid and in good shape for its age. Would be a good work truck, or a daily driver.

With the BTS transmission and turbo, I'd like $7500 for the truck since I've taken care of it and it is definitely roadworthy.

However, since I'm selling without working A/C and some reparable issues mentioned above, I'm willing to negotiate to a degree. Please send a PM if interested.

Person-to-person, cash only.

Mike

Last edited:

CGA03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought you were goin to put a 610 in it???

Mikes91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been thinking about it. Trying to decide what's best in that regard... buy new or swap in the 600 or 610. Electronics are a ******.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
720Diesel