1990 Ford Lariat F250 7.3l IDI 4x4 Electrical issue.

Joseph Davis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
While out driving my 1990 Ford Lariat F250 7.3l IDI 4x4 and inspecting all new rattles and checking why it take a while to start in the morning. First thought is always Fuel but next is Glow Plugs. So yes it is not fuel, but Glow-plugs. I can here the Glow plugs Clicking but when I stated to unravel the harness What a Mess. I also took a look at the injector pump wiring and said "UT OH" someone rerouted the wires and most likely made a lot of mistakes. They cut off the original wires and spliced them into the harness but probably got them wrong. The advance wires are hooked to glow plug wires; so when i unplug the advanced wire she has a little more power but not under Load and it got rid of the Black Smoke. Does anyone know where I can get the Wiring Schematics for my 1990 Ford? Thanks Oil Burner's

Brandon Crislip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ALLDATAdiy.com

You should be able to Google a promo code and get it for 15 bucks... a complete total truck schematic

Joseph Davis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey oil burner's I got the book for 7.3l wiring schematic from my friend, and I was right the wires he taped into bypassed the cold start temperature sensor and is delivering a steady 12v all the time to cold start advance and the idle up solenoid and the fuel shut off solenoid is supplying most of the voltage but he split it in half and supplied the old fuel pump . I will post picture of the manual because it is all the engine controls for the 1990 Super Duty trucks. Mainly Glow Plugs control wiring Harness. Boy I sure get lucky when I go on a fishing trip.
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

mikeboggess

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had the same issue, the connectors had deteriorated (rubbed away) on the bottom side, where you could not readily see the defect. Not only did the truck have the symptoms you described but I feel it was also causing a drain on the batteries. A shop (Walker Suspension, Canton, Texas) discovered the problem and repaired it.

Joseph Davis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, I will follow the leads back further because the harness runs under a lot of brackets. I have the Wiring Diagrams now! Thanks for the input. I will go Hunting sometime Tomorrow and post what find. Thanks

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online