1987 Ford F-350 XLT Lariat Crew Cab 6.9L Hypermax Turbo Long Bed Dually *RUST FREE*

kansei

Reaction score
$1800

1987 Ford F-350 XLT Lariat Crew Cab Longbed Dually 2WD
6.9L Diesel w/Hypermax Turbo Kit (turbo was just rebuilt by Hypermax- new seals, bearings and compressor wheel- have receipt to prove it)
4 speed manual trans (stock Borg Warner unit)

Runs and drives great

203,800 miles
A/C (has full charge, but compressor cycles on and off quite a bit- high side reads very high, low side very low- possibly due to clogged orifice tube)
Cruise Control
Power windows (driver's window does not go up or down- dealer said it was a bad switch but I never did anything about it)
Power door locks (sometimes only driver's door auto locks if batteries are cold)
Tilt Wheel (local dealer stripped a pawl or something- wheel only stays in up or down position- not middle of range. I was going to just install a used column, but never got one to get it handled)
Fey rear bumper with hitch (has a few dings in it from use)

During my three years of ownership, truck has received the following repairs/changes:

-driver's door and fender painted to (somewhat) match the truck. Previous owner repainted the truck long ago a darker shade than stock (now faded and chipped in places). Door jambs and parts of bed still show original red color. Emblems were not reinstalled on fender. Driver's door and fender were in primer when I got the truck due to previous owner backing into it lightly while backing out of driveway. There is some body filler in those panels from their previous repair.
-both batteries replaced
-new heater core
-new A/C compressor
-new power steering gearbox (dealer installed)
-new tank selector valve (dealer installed)
-two new fuel injectors (just installed)
-rebuilt turbo (just installed)
-new passenger side valve cover gasket (just installed)
-rear brakes (drums turned, new shoes and wheel cylinders)
-new rear universal joint on driveshaft
-coolant and washer fluid reservoirs
-new front springs and shocks
-RV wiring connector in bed (reverse and auxillary power still need hooked up)
-new windshield
-new clutch
-JVC single disc CD player
-front brush guard
-fuel filter replaced (within last 3k miles)

What I know it needs:
-included front fuel tank sender installed (truck currently can not run on front tank due to air getting in through the sender high in the tank- common issue on the older Ford diesel trucks)
-tires (soon, though not immediately) rears are worse off than fronts, but can drive anywhere as is
-rear tailpipe (has some rust issues on exhaust pipe beginning where it starts over the axle- I was quoted $90 for new pipe and labor) rest of system solid
-A/C orifice tube replaced (about a $7.00 part)
-rear slider window seal (some rain leaks by seal and behind rear seat during real heavy rains)
-needs new handle for tailgate (old one broke... don't they all?)
-lens on one roof clearance light replaced

-rearview mirror reattached
-Hypermax boost/EGT gauge was poorly installed by previous owners and is not hooked up (may or may not work even if it was hooked up, never bothered)
-oil leak on passenger side- despite having just replaced the passenger valve cover gasket, I think the cover may be slightly tweaked or warped, and may still be the cause of the leak (but not certain).

I have never had to plug the truck in. Starts up even on coldest mornings.

Truck comes with a pair of new front ball joints, and a spare set of used, though nicer front door panels, and a dealer new Ford level sender for front fuel tank.

Gooseneck 2 5/16" plate ball hitch in pictures is included, but not currently installed. The hitch balls on the floor in the pictures are not included.

The truck currently has a recently installed HappiJac camper tie down system that will be removed prior to close of sale, unless buyer wants it left on for an additional $400 (nearly $600 recently spent on system and installation).

Truck needs paint and some minor body work (hole in dually fender, some dings here and there, and rough top of tailgate) to be visually "nice", but truck is essentially rust-free and very solid (bought from owner in Oregon). Would make a great work truck as is. Tires are mismatched (brands) front (Goodyear Wranger AP) to rear (Yokohama 800). The rears need replaced before the fronts.

She may not win any beauty awards, but she is super solid and runs like a champ! I just don't need the crew cab feature any longer and want a slightly shorter truck.

*Please Note the topper is not included in the sale and will not come with the truck*

Call or email any time for more info or more pictures.
Neal
616-225-0780
[email protected]

Attachments

• IM002082.JPG
    IM002082.JPG
    102.6 KB · Views: 18
  • IM002077.JPG
    IM002077.JPG
    107.5 KB · Views: 21
  • IM002078.JPG
    IM002078.JPG
    100 KB · Views: 20
  • IM002081.JPG
    IM002081.JPG
    122.9 KB · Views: 32
  • IM002079.JPG
    IM002079.JPG
    104.1 KB · Views: 12
  • IM002086.JPG
    IM002086.JPG
    105.6 KB · Views: 42
  • IM002092.JPG
    IM002092.JPG
    134.2 KB · Views: 14
  • IM002084.JPG
    IM002084.JPG
    129.7 KB · Views: 25
  • IM002080.JPG
    IM002080.JPG
    97.6 KB · Views: 8
  • IM002094.JPG
    IM002094.JPG
    122.8 KB · Views: 39

Papabear

Papabear
Reaction score
if i was close enough to get it too me without too much expense i would say sold and not even dicker the price because it is perfect for the project i want to build but you are almost 2600 miles away unless you know of an inexpensive way to transport it? if you don't mind me asking why are you selling it?

kansei

Reaction score
As far as inexpensive shipping- your best bet would probably be to look into posting an ad on uShip.com. If you haven't used it before, it is kind of like a reverse auction site for shipping. I've used it several times with good results. If you decided upon buying it, I'd let it sit here for up to two months for you to work out shipping- as long as the truck was paid for.

I'm selling it for a few simple reasons- I just recently picked up another rig, and have my eyes on yet another, and this one is just a tad big for me for regular use. No trouble driving around, I'd just prefer something slightly shorter (like and extended cab). Plus, I already have 14 vehicles here. Something has to go.

Neal.

Papabear

Papabear
Reaction score
i have an extended cab 4wd long box with an e40d perhaps a trade the body is in the same condition as the truck you are selling i need a cc being a family man PM me.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zemmeron