1987 6.9 For Sale! But what is it worth?

madpogue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Even though many frown upon the C6 transmission, it will cause much less headache to the guy who decides to buy that truck.
Less headache than what? **Maybe** less than an E4DOA. But for resale value, neither automatic will fetch as much as either manual. This is why transmission type is always good to know with these "what's it worth" threads.

Hydro-idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Less headache than what? **Maybe** less than an E4DOA. But for resale value, neither automatic will fetch as much as either manual. This is why transmission type is always good to know with these "what's it worth" threads.

Yes that's what I was mainly referring to. The E40h no :eek:. The C6 is a cheap, reliable and very sturdy transmission. But hey...she has no overdrive. Each have their pros and cons.

Spun4Fun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would plug it in CL for 4k as a starting point . It's always easy to come down on the price than go up . You also need to know that buying another truck specially used is a PITA PLUS you always for some reason have to come up with way more money at least for the market area am in .

I once sold a truck that was in 100% mechanical condition but rusted out and though i made out OK , i was totally wrong as i did not study the market well and long enough before i sold it to see how much used trucks go for .. Specially Diesel trucks . You will be surprised :D

It's like the say cheaper keeper

opusd2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In the market here that looks like a good 2500 truck. Since it looks so clean and not rusted out, I wouldn't hesitate starting higher and going to your selling dollar. I don't know if by you, like here in WI, the roads are treated especially to rust out anything that gets on them.

Looks like a nice truck to me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bob123456789

Members online