$1500 brakes

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why buy a dodge? Midas will want $1500+ to do the brakes on one of those too.

Camarogenius

Reaction score
Dude, bring it to the house, along with your parts, some pork steaks and beer. We'll get it done for a whole lot less than that 1,500.

sootman73

Reaction score
well heres another one for ya'll! my friend's 6.5l truck would not start. wasn't getting any fuel. he thought it might be the ip. he didn't have the tools or shop to do the work so he called up the stealership. they came and picked it up, took it back and started tearing things apart. they replaced the fuel pump and it seemed to start just fine. brought it back to him. $500. next morning no start! had them come get it and do it again. they then thought ip and injectors. puled these off and sent them to the nearby city to be tested. injectors were bad or so they say. new injectors, old pump, new fuel pump. total comes to $1700 with labor. gets it back next morning no start again! they take it back and find a rusted out fuel line that was the problem from the start. i told him he better not pay for that! took 3 weeks for all this to happen also!

tractorman86

Reaction score
a BFH is all you need to knock the wheel studs out....Piece of cake, could do it in my sleep..LOL

easy john henry!!!:rotflmao jk anybody been fed a line about our trucks not being able to be aligned bcause they need some special different "cam bearing" is what i think he called it. a buddy told me sears did good alignments, took mine there and that's what they told me so i filled their shop up with smoke when i left!!!:rotflmao shoulda seen them coughing and gasping:rotflmao

dairieman36

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no i would never buy a dodge i got it up on jack stands front tires off so far but haveto go to class so will pick up tommaro i took the rear drums off they said it needs hard ware kit bs looks fine to me when i was in high school i worked at a tire shop i did the brake jobs so i know what to look for they are crooks will never go back there the wheel cylinders are bad but i dont think they cost $75 a piece like it says on their estimate after i cooled down a bit i looked at the estimate i dont see where they get half the prices they came up with $200 per rotor $125 for each caliper called them and told them where they could put their estimate told them to get off the crack pipe and get their sh*& straight but late for class

GREASE FIRE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
here's how i save money...

i keep every parts store within 50 miles saved on my cell phone - 3 different autozones, 3 different napa's, KOI, etc, etc and when someone quotes me a price that seems silly i start making calls - and if the one that has the best price just happens to be in a place i will be driving through i get it there.
BTW i just put wheel cylinders on my step van - they were $10 each!
Paul

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grizzly Wrecker