1.6 vw's running oil?

FarmerFrank

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've done some limited research but from what I found is they don't mind WMO up to 50%. Any of you guys had/ heard of them running WMO?

I found an 82 rabbit caddy with 96k original miles for $800 that ill probably end up buying. Even if I don't run it much I can flip it for much more. But just incase I end up liking it I was wondering if it would run on the same fuel as my trucks

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
I just picked one up. Not sure on the details. but at this point I know it has a Bosch Rotary Pump, and injectors that look similar to the 6.9/7.3 IDI injectors. I have not had anything apart.

FarmerFrank

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup ve Bosch pump and from pictures I seen on eBay it looked more like a 6.2/6.5 injectors. Kinda short and stocky.

Have you put any amount of waste fuel in the tank yet?

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Nope, no waste. Not sure if i will. Right now my time is at a premium and have been having some health issues that would make making fuel difficult. Ad this point, I am happy with the cost savings just in just diesel. I was DD my 6.0 Excursion 60Mi round trip a day. That was at least 10 bucks in fuel a day. I put fuel in the Jetta last Tuesday (9 days ago) and will probably add more tomorrow. I figure a full tank in the Jetta will be about 45 bucks.

FarmerFrank

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't blame ya, it is time consuming. I do a 110 mile round trip a day and so far my truck running on oil is cheaper than a 50 mpg diesel car according to my math. I'm hesitant on jumping in the vw ban wagon just because I don't know much about them and don't feel like being along the road with no clue what broke.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online