085 Pedestal

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is a later model 085 pedestal/drain, the earlier ones that didn’t have the big square intake didn’t use these. This one has been modified with a big barb fitting for the oil drain, worked well and didn’t leak. $200 shipped
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
damn, you missed a hell of a OB BBQ last weekend in Santa Clara

carsonlhammond

Full Access Member
Reaction score
damn, you missed a hell of a OB BBQ last weekend in Santa Clara
Maybe its because I just woke up but what is an "OB" BBQ, Amigo?

So now that I've figured out how to mount my h1c, I haven't been able to get a straight answer on how many psi is safe to run on a studded 6.9. Do any of you have any input on that?

saburai

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.
Oil burners BBQ
15 psi all day long on a stock turbo setup just tune in to your egts. FMIC would sure help out. I'm sure that you will get plenty of input from folks with much more experience than I.

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
15 psi is good on a 7.3, on a 6.9 you don’t want to push much more than 8-10 without studs. You can go through a do a warm retorque on the stock head bolts for a bit more reliability. I really don’t recommend putting a turbo on a 6.9 without studs just because of the head gasket issues they have just na. That being said, I had a customer who ran a R&D turbo kit with a stage one turbo with one of my 130cc pumps on a bone stock 6.9. He torqued the head bolts to 100ft lbs warm and it lasted two summers at 18 psi with an external wastegate. I think his was able to hold more because of the larger turbo which made less back pressure than your typical stock sized turbo. Less back pressure means less cylinder pressure, so less force trying to lift the head.

carsonlhammond

Full Access Member
Reaction score
15 psi is good on a 7.3, on a 6.9 you don’t want to push much more than 8-10 without studs. You can go through a do a warm retorque on the stock head bolts for a bit more reliability. I really don’t recommend putting a turbo on a 6.9 without studs just because of the head gasket issues they have just na. That being said, I had a customer who ran a R&D turbo kit with a stage one turbo with one of my 130cc pumps on a bone stock 6.9. He torqued the head bolts to 100ft lbs warm and it lasted two summers at 18 psi with an external wastegate. I think his was able to hold more because of the larger turbo which made less back pressure than your typical stock sized turbo. Less back pressure means less cylinder pressure, so less force trying to lift the head.

As saburai stated it is studded. Since I'm using an h1c from an automatic first gen (larger exhaust housing) I should have pretty low back pressure compared to like an 093 or something similar. the reason i say that is my buddy has one and i put the 2 side by side and the wheels or very similar in size but the housings on the cummins turbo are much bigger.

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As saburai stated it is studded. Since I'm using an h1c from an automatic first gen (larger exhaust housing) I should have pretty low back pressure compared to like an 093 or something similar. the reason i say that is my buddy has one and i put the 2 side by side and the wheels or very similar in size but the housings on the cummins turbo are much bigger.
The h1c is a stout turbo, and if you ever want more from it, it can be easily upgraded to a precision 64mm comp wheel and hx40 turbine wheel. Lots of options with the holset platform

carsonlhammond

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok thank you. I have been thinking that it was a good option to start with because of that modularity of the holset platform. One more thing, do you think I'll need to install an external wastegate or blow-off valve? Or should I just keep the fuel turned down at first and see what it does?

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You should be fine without a wastegate with the larger housing, and diesels don’t need blow off valves since our intakes are always open, unlike a gasser which has a throttle body

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fizzle