06' Dmax mods

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My buddy is buying an 06 and I ,being an IDI guy, am wondering what is a good air and exhaust to put on there to improve breathing and fuel economy, then a tuner, mostly likely, edge or Kennedy. any help in this are is appreciated.;Sweet

mark7.3idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
#1 kn filter kit #2 silver line 5 in back #3 the best thing he can do is put efi live on it with a small tune

dave4881

Reaction score
#1 kn filter kit #2 silver line 5 in back #3 the best thing he can do is put efi live on it with a small tune

K&N filters are great if you're into racing, but they filter less and allow more dirt to pass than the stock air filter. (See the air filter study that was done on dieselplace.com). 5" exhaust is unnecessary, 4" breathes very well for these engines and is very adequate even with increased power tunes. The 06 LBZ is the best of the Duramax engines. An EGR blocker plate and PCV reroute are some of the best mods to be done. Dropping the Cat is also helpful if you're in a state that doesn't do diesel inspections.

Dave
05 LLY, CC

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Forgive me on my memory loses.
But I thought the stock airbox setup is good for quite a bit of power.
And there's a turbo mouthpiece upgrade from the Kodiak trucks.

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Keep the ideas coming. Need to add more mods then my 4" exhaust.

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
Factory air box is decent. Search Swiss cheese air box. Mine loved it. I ran 4 inch mprb exhaust. Not to expensive. I had superchips on it then went to edge juice with additude. Loved the edge.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
93 Farm Truck

Members online