05 block heater cord

Exekiel69

Reaction score
I found what looks just like a block heater on the pass side of the engine (do they come with this from factory?) of My psd but there is no wire so I tried one I have but don't know for sure if it works right so I may just buy one from the dealer. Anyone have a part #?

Thank You.

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
EZ,

The 6.0L does come with the block heater from the factory but on the later engines the cord was an "option" My '03 has the cord but I think the 05-06 it had to be ordered. You should be able to get one from the stealership, I am not sure if you can get it 3 party.....

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Well they want $105.84 for the cord alone ;Really:rotflmao when this cord cost $10-$15 ford other years :rolleyes: . It looks really similar to the one the cummins engines, I tried the one I have on My CTD and it fits just fine so I guess I'll just have to go to the Cummins dealer and get Me one for $10 cookoo

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Zeke, go to IH and get PN#ZBL3600008

You must be registered for see images attach

Its about 25 dollars there or you can get it off ebay as well. Cord on ebay.

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
If it works, let us know. I am sure we all may need a new cord sometime in the life of our trucks. I am sure the price has something to do with the fact that it is now an option.

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Mike,

Do you know what year it went from standard to an option. I think my 03 was standard.

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Hey thank You, that looks just like the one I got on the cummins and it is a 89. Maybe it is bc they are made by fleetguard?

Cool, good to know IH is more reasonable with their prices. I have no problem paying the money for OEM parts but unless the wire on the cord is gold plated it really feels like a rip off.

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mike,

Do you know what year it went from standard to an option. I think my 03 was standard.
The actual heating element is standard on all blocks that leave the factory. The cord became an option in southern state delivered trucks in either 05 or 06.

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
That is interesting....supply the element---make the cord optional cookoo

I just replaced my orig element and it was $38.00 and believe it or don't---I got it from a Ferd dealer :eek: LOL

Kanyonkitty

Reaction score
I have an '05 F-350 (built in Jan '05) and it came with the cord. But, I think it needs to be replaced. When I plug the truck in the one blade was melting the extension cord. So the plug was inspected and one blade was loose and wobbly, replaced the plug, BUT still getting the melting of the extension cord. (It's the same extension cord I used last year).
Replacing that cord is gonna be a real PIA as there is NO room to work

Kitty

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert

Members online