02 eratic fuel guage and high voltage problem

NJKen

is a daddy!
Reaction score
I bought my 02 new and had a problem with the fuel guage at about 10k miles. The thing went to full and stayed there. Well, it has been doing it again with 56K on the clock (out of waranty). I did manage to figure something out today though. It only goes to full and stays there in the vicinity of high voltage lines (300KV and higher). Anyone ever had that happen?
I can cause the problem by hitting a poweline trail with 500KV transmission lines. The guage will slowly (20 minutes or so) go to the full pin and stay there til I get away. When I drive off the trail it will eventually return to normal. The fuel guage is the only one affected. Any ideas how to sheild it? Time to start reading up on electromagnetic fields I supose....
Ken

Last edited:

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
cookoo mebee it's the disrupted square sine causing a frequency rift and cyclic imbalance of positive charged neutrons feeding off the positronic rays from Con_Ed LOL

Damn Ken....that's out there :confused:
Does high voltage like that put out a frequency.......????

NJKen

is a daddy!
Reaction score
I kinda saw those answers comin :rotflmao
I was thinking the 12 volt electrons where jealous of the 500KV electrons and came up with a plan to swing the fuel gueage up to destract me while they came up with a plan cookoo LOL
Ken

NJKen

is a daddy!
Reaction score
geonc said:
cookoo mebee it's the disrupted square sine causing a frequency rift and cyclic imbalance of positive charged neutrons feeding off the positronic rays from Con_Ed LOL

Damn Ken....that's out there :confused:
Does high voltage like that put out a frequency.......????
I dont think it causes any kind of frequency other than the 60Hz cycle rate. I know they make one hell of a magnetic field though. You can light a flouresent tube just holding it in your hand and pointing it at the lines. They may have upped the voltage on the lines in question also. JCP&L did that to a lot of lines by the shore to get more capacity. I gotta go drive more powerline trails to do some testing of my theory.
I guess Ford gave me the top secret dual purpose fuel guage. It is also a high voltage test gueage LOL
Ken

jvencius

Reaction score
NJKen said:
JCP&L did that to a lot of lines by the shore to get more capacity.

I'm curious to see how much whining all those folks building gargantuan houses three inches from the dunes in OC/Wildwood/Sea Isle do when a hurricane spares Florida for once and hits Jersey... It seems like every time I go down there, another load of cool little beach bungalows are getting ripped down and some four-story monstrosity is going up in it's place...

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
DEEPLY WEIRD cookoo

The fuel gauge works off resistance...right and is more of a short sweep style...if that proximity causes a gauge to move on it's own, what would happen to somone wearing a pacemaker :eek:

NJKen

is a daddy!
Reaction score
jvencius said:
I'm curious to see how much whining all those folks building gargantuan houses three inches from the dunes in OC/Wildwood/Sea Isle do when a hurricane spares Florida for once and hits Jersey... It seems like every time I go down there, another load of cool little beach bungalows are getting ripped down and some four-story monstrosity is going up in it's place...
It'll suck em off the face of the earth.. I think it sucks too. LBI is the worst for this. It is not uncommon to se a 4 mil + house only a feww feet from the mean high tide line. stupid fools. Maybee the people that think those developments up live too close to the power lines too!
Dam EMF -cuss
Ken