TRAGEDY STRIKES. = NEED ANOTHER ANTIQUE F250 SUPER-CAB TRUCK

firehawk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Even if it was towed, you could have gotten it out the next morning.

I say this so often, I added it to my sig:

There are people who makes things happen and get things done and there are people who make excuses.

satx78247

Full Access Member
Reaction score
firehawk,

In other words, you have NO actual knowledge of the law/policies/procedures & are just "talking". = When/IF you have REAL knowledge, be sure & get back to us with FACTS.
(My advice: To get out of the hole that you've dug for yourself by posting nonsense, first stop digging.)

I called my insurance company at 0900 the next morning & they got the car/truck from the "clutches" of the MONEY-HUNGRY city.

yours, satx

Knuckledragger

blowing chunks and grabbing porcelain
Reaction score
There are just as many opinions as noses out here, but only one of us was on the spot. I feel a little heat building that is not necessary. What has happened dictates what can happen.

I agree with firehawk to an extent, but I am a confrontational person. It is frustrating to feel someone else has abrogated their rights just because a policeman issued a statement and had vehicles towed.

The case now is whether or not satx can get enough money out of the drunk's insurance policy to make him whole.

satx78247

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Knuckledragger,

Pardon me for pointing out that Texas/Bexar County is NOT Dallas or California & at that time/place I did what was required by LOCAL ORDINANCES/established local policies & procedures. = Those who are UNKNOWING should, imvho, avoid making comments from a position of ignorance, lest they appear foolish.

Btw, I'm (in addition to being a retired federal officer) a sworn TX LEO & I know how things work HERE in Bexar County. = I could have said/done anything lawful & the final result would have been precisely the same.

Note: Being "confrontational" with a TX police SGT will often get you locked-up for "interfering with the administration of justice" and/or being charged/jailed for Disorderly Conduct.= FACT.

Incidentally, I've heard NOTHING from the insurance company in nearly 5 days. - I don't know how this situation will be resolved.
(I may have to sue Mr. Sutton, the drunk driver, in Civil District Court to get "satisfaction at law".)

yours, satx

SirRea63l

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In the interim there are plenty of trucks to look at.

satx78247

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SirRea631,

TRUE FACT. = I'm planning to go look at a 1989 F250 7.3 Super-cab this afternoon in Helotes.

yours, satx

Knuckledragger

blowing chunks and grabbing porcelain
Reaction score
Knuckledragger,

Pardon me for pointing out that Texas/Bexar County is NOT Dallas or California & at that time/place I did what was required by LOCAL ORDINANCES/established local policies & procedures. = Those who are UNKNOWING should, imvho, avoid making comments from a position of ignorance, lest they appear foolish.

Btw, I'm (in addition to being a retired federal officer) a sworn TX LEO & I know how things work HERE in Bexar County. = I could have said/done anything lawful & the final result would have been precisely the same.

Note: Being "confrontational" with a TX police SGT will often get you locked-up for "interfering with the administration of justice" and/or being charged/jailed for Disorderly Conduct.= FACT.

Incidentally, I've heard NOTHING from the insurance company in nearly 5 days. - I don't know how this situation will be resolved.
(I may have to sue Mr. Sutton, the drunk driver, in Civil District Court to get "satisfaction at law".)

yours, satx

In case you did not get the drift of the post, I was not disagreeing with what you did.

Since I do not know exactly what happens in Bexar County, I was not presuming any such thing. Again, opinions are not facts, just opinions.

Identifying myself as confrontational does not mean disrespectful or belligerent. It means that I ask pertinent questions and expect relevant answers.

Good luck finding a replacement.

satx78247

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Knuckledragger,

I wasn't necessarily referring to you.

Nonetheless, had I said anything "back to" the SAPD SGT, after being told to "go sit down" & "I'm impounding the 2 vehicles.", I would have spent the night in jail. = Bexar County makes MILLIONS of $$$$$$$$ each year impounding/selling vehicles & you will ALWAYS lose in a confrontation with the PD/city government.
(I've always found in any such situation that "Follow the money" is the CORRECT answer in virtually every such case.)

yours, satx

satx78247

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thewespaul,

NO argument from me. = I was once, a long time ago, the PM of Ft Sam Houston & I found that (UNLIKE any other place that I had been stationed with the Military Police) that the city government of The Alamo City was HATEFUL, CORRUPT, UNCOOPERATIVE & UNCOMPROMISING.
(Fwiw, I "got on with" the county government much better, especially with the BCSD & the 4 Constable's Offices.)

SA is a FUN town, with lots of interesting things to do/places to go BUT a LOUSY excuse for a city government.

just my OPINION, satx
USAMPC, Retired

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i'm liking my county more and more. Even though Hamilton Co. is the undeclared seat of **** power in TX, the population in general is pretty tolerant of colored people. I wouldn't be there otherwise. There's nothing screwy with towing and storage and you're pretty much able to do with your place whatever you feel like doing as long as it's not a public eyesore. They certainly are nuts about keeping the grass mowed.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Since you mentioned your a Diamond customer I think I know which company your dealing with, that was the others guys insurance Co. As my daughters POA I got $2000 more out of them than what they had offered. Collected prices from craigslist, private cars for sale and dealers selling price. You can't be too far out of your area, prices vary widely from area to area. Good Luck.

satx78247

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OLDBULL8

I figured someone would KNOW. = As of 1730, 31AUG16, I've heard ZILCH more than I knew last Friday.

yours, satx

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
towcat,

NO argument. = As I said, the city government of SA is a CORRUPT MESS.

yours, satx
and I was planning on visiting SA my next trip home......damn. Hamilton is pretty quiet, therefore I am found in Austin frequently for Steak, BBQ and Music. Not necessarily in that exact order but close. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SixFourShanks08

Members online