TRAGEDY STRIKES. = NEED ANOTHER ANTIQUE F250 SUPER-CAB TRUCK

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
typ4; towcat,

THANKS gents.

Fwiw, I've owned a pair of IDI PU trucks & LOVED them because they were simple enough that even I (NO mechanic am I) could do my own work. - A 1986 Super-cab & a 1991 single-cab.
Never saw anything wrong with either until the 1991 rusted out after years in the salt/snow/ice & the 1986 that was demolished.

yours, satx
send me your injectors and injection pump asap.
http://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/5749755222.html

yARIC008

Drives really slow
Reaction score
God man, that freakin' blows. This is seriously my worst fear. My truck is so old and has so much personal history with me and I've worked on it for so many years, I almost don't want to drive it now because of stupid people.

satx78247

Full Access Member
Reaction score
towcat,

I think that the insurance company is going to end up with what's left of my restored 1986 Lariat.

yours, satx

satx78247

Full Access Member
Reaction score
typo

yARIC008,

I would weep over the car/pickup if it would do any good. - Unfortunately(as I told my lady), tears do NOTHING to help the sad situation.

yours, satx

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
towcat,

I think that the insurance company is going to end up with what's left of my restored 1986 Lariat.

yours, satx
do a salvage buyback and transfer your parts to the "new" one. it's extremely rare to see even a snowbird F250 looking this nice.

satx78247

Full Access Member
Reaction score
towcat,

At this point, I just don't know what is going to happen to my truck or the MB coupe. = I was told that its remains likely would be sold at public auction by IAA, Inc. of San Antonio. - IF I finally accept the "updated estimate" of the insurance company (which is planned for later in the week), the 2 vehicles WILL be sold at auction & I would have to bid against anyone who wants the wrecks.

yours, satx

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
towcat,

At this point, I just don't know what is going to happen to my truck or the MB coupe. = I was told that its remains likely would be sold at public auction by IAA, Inc. of San Antonio. - IF I finally accept the "updated estimate" of the insurance company (which is planned for later in the week), the 2 vehicles WILL be sold at auction & I would have to bid against anyone who wants the wrecks.

yours, satx
that sucks that you can't retain salvage.
otoh, if you like what you see on the CL ad, I certainly can go take a close look at it and refurb it for the trip back to TX.

satx78247

Full Access Member
Reaction score
towcat,

Have you had a chance to even look at the truck "out there"? = THANKS for the kind offer.
It may be needing a little work & it may be a "major project"/MESS, depending on whether the PO took reasonable care of it.

Fwiw, I talked to a guy yesterday PM in Houston whose brother-in-law ruined the engine/AT on a 1991 Lariat (with about 150,000 miles) by NOT doing any maintenance on the PU for YEARS. - He reportedly drove it over 15,000 W/O even changing the oil/filters.
(The guy that I talked to said that he was considering buying a Cummins B & transmission out of a wreck & making the Lariat into a "FUMMINS". - He said that both the Ford engine/AT is "toast".)

yours, satx

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
towcat,

Have you had a chance to even look at the truck "out there"? = THANKS for the kind offer.
It may be needing a little work & it may be a "major project"/MESS, depending on whether the PO took reasonable care of it.

Fwiw, I talked to a guy yesterday PM in Houston whose brother-in-law ruined the engine/AT on a 1991 Lariat (with about 150,000 miles) by NOT doing any maintenance on the PU for YEARS. - He reportedly drove it over 15,000 W/O even changing the oil/filters.
(The guy that I talked to said that he was considering buying a Cummins B & transmission out of a wreck & making the Lariat into a "FUMMINS". - He said that both the Ford engine/AT is "toast".)

yours, satx
i have yet to do a export to the midwest on a idi ford. 1st gen cummins otoh, I've done four so far. It boils down to what you can't find and what you're willing to pay. hell, if you look up "bushpig7" I did a Canadian export to him. Learned much about how NAFTA doesn't work for US/Canada funds transfer. here's a couple photos of the trucks that left kali screaming and kicking.(not really but they knew they were heading to the saltmines.)

Attachments

• SL373382.JPG
    SL373382.JPG
    865.5 KB · Views: 20
  • bushpigf350.JPG
    bushpigf350.JPG
    601.1 KB · Views: 26

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well since this guy is a retired attorney with nothing better to do but make my life difficult with my commercial insurance, I'm gonna see what the quote is on the his repairs and if its cheaper than my $1000 deductible then I'll just pay for it out of pocket, I would really like to avoid this escalating into a lawsuit which he was threatening before I had even gotten out of my truck. Just another case of the working man having to pay his dues to the upper class, gonna have to take money out of savings I was going to use to take the fiance on vacation, gotta love San Antonio.

Retired lawyer, just shoot the doodyhead.

Last edited by a moderator:

Knuckledragger

blowing chunks and grabbing porcelain
Reaction score
send me your injectors and injection pump asap.
http://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/5749755222.html

Wow. If I didn't already have a back yard full of trucks, I would buy it myself.

satx78247, I know you are in mourning for the wrecked vehicles, but if you really want a replacement truck, this may be it. When they are sold that cheaply around here, it is often because people lack knowledge about diesels, not because there is any enormous problem.

satx78247

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Knuckledragger,

IF it wasn't in Kalifornia, I would have already bought it.

"towcat" (I think) is going to go inspect it for me & to see what it would take to drive it back to San Antonio.

yours, satx

Knuckledragger

blowing chunks and grabbing porcelain
Reaction score
Calvin is a good dude in a loose mood. He is an encyclopedia of IDI information and seems to get a steady stream of trucks from up north. You can rely upon anything he says about the vehicle as both truthful and prudent.

He also is a very fair person to do business with. When my truck was stolen, he had a replacement available for sale -at cost- to me just because I was on the forums.

firehawk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's your truck, you don't have to sell it to the insurance co if you don't want to. When someone totaled one of my cars that I wanted to keep, I told them I wanted the amount they were going to give me AND retain the vehicle. They agreed quickly, as it had no value to them.

satx78247

Full Access Member
Reaction score
firehawk,

ALL that I know is that I was told that if I accept the company's final offer that they get the truck/coupe & that I will have to bid on the POV at a public auction.
(I'd like to get the deal that you got, inasmuch as "El Senor Castro, the elder" & my buddy's father is a retired paint & body guy, with over 40 years experience & he said that he CAN fix the PU if it doesn't have a lot of engine damage & the frame is not "trashed". = Whole new front clip, radiator, AC condenser, paint, new emblems, trim, etc.)

yours, satx

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wheelsrollin