TRAGEDY STRIKES. = NEED ANOTHER ANTIQUE F250 SUPER-CAB TRUCK

Cruiseomatic

Defining Insanity
Reaction score
Cruiseomatic,

Since we last talked, "a little bird" at a local LE agency told me that there have been any number of citizen's complaints against the "hateful SGT" for rudeness, nastiness & bigotry.
(The officer that "clued me in" said that the SAPD id looking forward to his retirement from the department, just before Christmas 2016.)

As a former/now retired SSA, I'll truthfully tell you that I wouldn't have him on my team of officers & would have figured out how to get rid of him. - In 2016, NO LE agency can afford to have a person in uniform who has that many valid complaints from the general public.

yours, satx

I plead the fifth. But I have a feeling the brotherhood of OB might of had something to do with it. Maybe? I just call it as I see it and if I see there is a problem, I try to take care of it in house. If the house is to small, I make a block party out of it and let as many people know about it.

satx78247

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To ALL,

Fwiw, I'm still looking for a ONE-OWNER, LOW mileage, 5-speed, 2WD, Super-cab diesel PU. Most any color is OK except Black. - IF anyone has such a vehicle for sale OR knows of one, please email me at: [email protected]

yours, satx

CaptBuffalo

Reaction score
satx, im very sorry to hear about all this, and ive been following your threads on FTE as well. i was wondering if you have any photos of before and after the accident. maybe somebody could find or make a little model of it for your keepsake, if anyone here is into modeling.

satx78247

Full Access Member
Reaction score
CaptBuffalo,

Actually, I've no real interest in a model of my PU. Instead, I need another NICE truck to drive & to pull my antique boats.
(NO, I have no photos, as I don't even own a camera.)

I seriously doubt if lightening strikes in the same place & that I'll NOT find another truck that is overall NICE as the one that I was lucky enough to find & at a price that I can afford.

Fwiw, the insurance company has made a "final, take it or leave it offer" of $ 4070.97. = I simply said, "NO. Not today, nor tomorrow or ever." - I suspect that we are headed to Civil District Court here in Bexar County.
(I don't like being PLAYED or anyone trying to CHEAT me. = The nearest PU to what I had is in NV & the "taking price" in cash is 7900.oo.)

yours, satx

Last edited:

CaptBuffalo

Reaction score
Ah, I just thought you would like a memento of sorts. But I guess a full sized replacement would be best, along with fair treatment from insurance. I wish you luck, sir

satx78247

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dear Friends,

SURPRIZE, SURPRIZE. - This afternoon I've found a NEARLY IDENTICAL 1986 XLT Lariat pickup (even the same color scheme ) to the one that I had "returned to stock" over about 100 days & that was demolished by the drunk driver on 19AUG16.
(NO, it's NOT as nice as the one that I lost but it's a 2-owner with 113,000 original miles AND it's in acceptable condition, when compared to MOST such 30YO trucks.)

Presuming that it passes the PPI, I'll buy it.

Also, it's about a THOUSAND dollars MORE than the !@#$% insurance company says that my NICE 1986 Lariat was worth before the wreck.

yours, satx

Last edited:

satx78247

Full Access Member
Reaction score
towcat,

What do you figure that the chance of finding another nearly identical 1986 truck, that's always been "in the family" (i.e., essentially a "one owner" 30YO truck), is with less than 115,000 original miles??

A pretty LOW chance is my guess.

Also, what do I have to do to change a Ford 4-speed to a ZF 5-speed?? What besides the ZF must be "harvested from the donor vehicle??
(I guess that I'm asking: Is it a $$$$$$ or complicated job??)

Btw, are any of the petrol trucks suitable to harvest the ZF from?? OR do I need to find a diesel??

yours, satx

Last edited:

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
towcat,

What do you figure that the chance of finding another nearly identical 1986 truck, that's always been "in the family" (i.e., essentially a "one owner" 30YO truck), is with less than 115,000 original miles??

A pretty LOW chance is my guess.

Also, what do I have to do to change a Ford 4-speed to a ZF 5-speed?? What besides the ZF must be "harvested from the donor vehicle??
(I guess that I'm asking: Is it a $$$$$$ or complicated job??)

Btw, are any of the petrol trucks suitable to harvest the ZF from?? OR do I need to find a diesel??

yours, satx
firstly, go get yourself a lottery ticket. Next to put in a ZF5 where a t19 was, requires the trans and a ZF5 floor pan. the ZF5 is roughly an inch longer than the t19. so, "technically" it's a drop-in.
diesel bellhousing bolt pattern is unique onto it's own. no gasser bolt pattern will work. some have used a 460BB trans, but with major redrilling mods.
good luck :D

satx78247

Full Access Member
Reaction score
towcat,

THANKS.

Well that's a pity. - I know where a WRECKED, low mileage, 1994 F250 is with the 460 gasser & a ZF is, sitting out in a pasture.
(I'm NOT looking for a re-drilling project.)

For the time being, I'll drive the PU with the T-19, as it's NOT that bad of a transmission, imo. Nonetheless, I will continue looking for a diesel wreck with the ZF.

yours, satx

Last edited:

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
looks like a small block gasser to me.

Agree. I looked at a lot of pictures while going through my recent issue. I know you need a clutch disk as they are not the same shaft size. I don't know about the flywheel and pressure plate, but is I was going to swap it, I would not put an old pressure plate and flywheel back on it. Personally, I don't like to do things multiple times if I can keep from it. Sometimes my stupidity gets in the way and forces me too.

satx78247

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Friends,

Last evening I found a 1984 F250 XLT near Ft Worth that has 71,000 original, ONE owner, miles.
(It's out of a 81YO gentleman's estate with all the maintenance records, so I guess that I'm no longer looking for a PU.)

yours, satx