TRAGEDY STRIKES. = NEED ANOTHER ANTIQUE F250 SUPER-CAB TRUCK

satx78247

Full Access Member
Reaction score
towcat,

UNLESS you "get involved with" the city government, you'll be FINE but IF you "have a problem" that involves the city government agencies, "WATCH OUT".

Should you come down here, let me know as I know most of the best places to eat/visit/etc. = IF you like Tex-Mex food & don't care about "atmosphere", PETE'S TAKO HOUSE is the REAL DEAL & CHEAP too.
Also, the decidedly "blue collar" RUDY'S SEAFOOD in Southside will stuff 3 BIG men or a man/wife/3 kids to the gills on fried fish/fries/soft drinks for about 25.oo.

Don't visit & NOT go to see THE INSTITUTE OF TEXAS CULTURES & THE WITTE MUSEUM.
And of course visit THE ALAMO SHRINE, too.

yours, satx

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
towcat,

UNLESS you "get involved with" the city government, you'll be FINE but IF you "have a problem" that involves the city government agencies, "WATCH OUT".

Should you come down here, let me know as I know most of the best places to eat/visit/etc. = IF you like Tex-Mex food & don't care about "atmosphere", PETE'S TAKO HOUSE is the REAL DEAL & CHEAP too.
Also, the decidedly "blue collar" RUDY'S SEAFOOD in Southside will stuff 3 BIG men or a man/wife/3 kids to the gills on fried fish/fries/soft drinks for about 25.oo.

Don't visit & NOT go to see THE INSTITUTE OF TEXAS CULTURES & THE WITTE MUSEUM.
And of course visit THE ALAMO SHRINE, too.

yours, satx
I'm a fan a good hearty eats. "Ambiance" comes in at a distant second as do side dishes. Here's my idea of a well-rounded meal. As a sidenote....God help the boy who takes my daughter on a date and thinks she'll settle for fast food. But she can tell the difference between lazy versus poor today with big ambitions for tomorrow.

Attachments

• P1050519 - Edited.jpg
    P1050519 - Edited.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 147

satx78247

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To All,

Fwiw, I finally settled with the drunk's insurance adjuster for an "almst suitable"/"more or less" fair amount on the 300CD coupe. - It's within 500.oo of what I have invested in the coupe.

They are sticking to that my one-owner, very low mileage 1986 Lariat couldn't be worth more than 3300.oo. - When I asked them if they knew of any decent 1986 Lariat that could be bought in similar condition for even TWICE that amount, the adjuster said, "I don't think it's worth more than the amount I quoted,"
(She has NOT even SEEN the PU, as of today/07SEP16. = She finally admitted that she was "going on" what the KBB says is the value for a "typical 1986 Ford" PU.)

Fyi, I think that I'll end up going to court over this & suing the drunk driver in civil court.

Note to All: IF any of you have (or know of) a LOW MILEAGE, IDI or 7.3 PS PU with Super-cab, 2WD with manual transmission in good shape (NO RUSTED OUT trucks, PLEASE) for sale at a reasonable price, I would be a likely buyer.
(I'd sooner NOT spend another 100 days plus, "fixing up" another PU.)
Btw, someone who heard about my truck being wrecked, "offered me at a sacrifice" a PU with over 400,000 miles for 5600.oo today by email.
(I LOL.)

yours, satx
'

Last edited:

satx78247

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mbolton1990,

YEP. - A real "sacrifice". - Fyi, he emailed me a second time & offered to deliver the PU from Galveston to The Alamo City (247 miles) for "the bargain rate" of "only 650 dollars cash, paid in advance".

OBVIOUSLY he thinks that I'm a "Dunce, First Class".

yours, satx

satx78247

Full Access Member
Reaction score
towcat,

I just got off the phone with the gentleman in Chico, CA. - He is to send me photos of the 1993 F250 today.

I really LIKE that "utility topper". = It looks GREAT for hauling saddles, tack, camping gear, etc.

Note: I'm neither a fast cowboy, nor a slow cowboy. I'm a HALF-FAST cowboy, with an addiction for gaited mules.

Note #2: The "headquarters" for the Alamo City portion of the Texas Fall Gathering of the Ford truck group will be PETE'S TAKO HOUSE, so you can sample their Tex-Mex specialties.

yours, satx

Last edited:

Cruiseomatic

Defining Insanity
Reaction score
To go with Who decides where the vehicles go that have been in a wreck, Here in Harris county, You have the RIGHT to decide who takes YOUR vehicle and WHERE they take it to. Impounds are for vehicles that are abandoned, stolen, no insurance, used in a crime, etc... The cop(s) knew they could get one over on you and did. However, if in like a local city, They have both a private wrecker rotation AND a city owned wrecker. If they use the rotation you have those rights to decide. I'm not sure if the same applies if they are using the city owned wrecker at the time of the incident. However, if they are using the city wrecker, You can still do a "customer request" for your own wrecker of choice. Unless for the reasons stated above, It is YOUR vehicle and only you can decide what is done with it. I've seen many times, a cop will try to "over power" someone who was just involved in a traumatic incident to get that power trip knowing most people are not or cannot think clearly at that moment and are "strongly encouraged" to use city or municipality facilities and services to generate more revenue. Don't let them. Stand your ground. Disagreeing with a cop will not get you arrested. That's total BS. I've worked in the Texas towing industry and done IM cases. Bexar county, Harris county, wherever. TDLR has STATEWIDE authority. What they say goes, Not some degenerate county that has some of the worst cops I've ever seen. Hope it all goes well for you. And also, My wife is from SA. Grew up in a town called La Vernia. I went there one time. One time to many. Then went to her parent in Adkins. I would HATE to have an emergency there. So many back roads that aren't marked, Would take forever...

satx78247

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cruiseomatic,

Pardon me for pointing out that this is San Antonio, rather than Harris County.

Agreed on unmarked "back roads". Moreover, there are MANY city streets that are so poorly marked that it's difficult to figure out (especially after dark) where you are in Bexar County. - For example, ZAZAMORA ST has numerous major intersections that have NO street signs.
(Since San Antonio is a "tourist town" & makes $$$$$$$$$$$$ from visitors, one would think that we would have VERY well-marked streets. Not so.)

yours, satx

Cruiseomatic

Defining Insanity
Reaction score
Which county is really irrelevant. Private property is is private property and TDLR Has jurisdiction over both. Point is, If you don't want the fat, nasty slob, amateur, and dangerous idiot the cops called to tow your car and you DO NOT want them to take it or it be taken where you don't want it to go but instead have someone else you'd much rather prefer or taken to a location that is more convenient for you, And if the vehicle was just in an MVA and not a crime related incident, You have the right to decide who and where it goes. It is YOUR car. Not theirs. Told you, "Customer Requests". Yes, The police have authority, But they cannot tell you what to do with your property "Just because". I do sympathize with you and your situation, But You really should of told the cop or constable what you wanted done with both vehicles. "Blocking traffic" blah,blah,blah... Is just a way of saying the vehicle is disabled and impeding the normal flow of traffic and it needs to be moved basically. And actually, if you are involved in a wreck but your vehicle can pass a state safety inspection and is drive able, They do not have to tow it. you can request they do but it is not required. Visit the TDLR website sometime and educate yourself. I need to aswell as legislation and things change constantly. Always inform and protect yourself. Sometimes, A simple audio recording can save you lots of time and migraines feeling like a freight train is running through your head at 90 mph. It can also save and clear you and your company from a false $32K lawsuit.... Been there. Remember one thing, The cops and insurance work for YOU. They are to do what is "best" for you. (At least are supposed to.) Just like at any other job. Your boss tells you what to do to make things work, You tell the cops and insurance what to do so things work, For you. I'm NOT a member of "cop block" or any bullshat LEO disrespecting group like that, But, From the description you've given of SA and Bexar county "law enforcement", Any time you have a "situation" with one, Record it as best you can. Even if its a video and all you can do is hear the conversation. That's better than nothing. Its no longer a sworn officer's word against a disgruntled random citizen. You have something solid to back any claim you may have. And put a lock of some type on your phone so if they get custody, They cannot delete the discriminating evidence. They have body cams for their protection, We should as well. I'm personal friends with a couple LEOs and even they'll admit, there are some bad cops out there looking to cause trouble for an untold amount of reasons. Like I said, If what you said is really truly going on, Record and report it. If not for anyone else, for yourself. Make anonymous reports. Help yourself and others and I do wish you the best of luck in whatever happens.

Last edited:

satx78247

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cruiseomatic,

Since we last talked, "a little bird" at a local LE agency told me that there have been any number of citizen's complaints against the "hateful SGT" for unwarranted rudeness, needless nastiness & overt bigotry.
(The officer that "clued me in" said that the SAPD is looking forward to his mandatory retirement from the department, just before Christmas 2016.)

As a former/now retired SSA, I'll truthfully tell you that I wouldn't have him on my team of officers & would have figured out how to get rid of him. - In 2016, NO major LE agency can afford to have a person in uniform who has that many valid complaints from the general public.
(I've handled serial killers, child molesters & rapists that I treated BETTER & more POLITELY than he acted toward me, as a blameless victim of the unlawful acts of a drunk driver. - If nothing else, you catch more flies with sugar-water than vinegar.)

yours, satx

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle