I'm getting my second IDI... Need help

EMD_DRIVER

Say what?!?!
Reaction score
Did he get the trans shift issue figured out?:dunno

Nope... I still have to manually shift it... I honestly don't think it has O/D either..

We're here to meet JD now.. I parked in a dry spot, so I'll finally be able to crawl under and look at the linkage!

Gary

liddledoggie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
gary at the top of the 6.9/7.3 forum is a sticky called introduction to the idi tech forums. all newbies start here. theres a tech article titled whats a filp and how to adjust it. might help. good luck. joe

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I met Gary and Sam, they're both really great people, which is at least half the fun of our little group, meeting the people. I hope the drive home is uneventful and the E4OD behaves itself. His truck is great except for the tranny issue, for 1500 it was money well spent. You all already know, but Sam's truck is killer. Looking forward to seeing our pics/videos online in the next few days.

4x4TruckinGirl

"Cowgirl"
Reaction score
As said by JD all was great, our mini IDI rally was fun! Later today when my internet is working a bit better i will post up some fun videos! we even had IDI drags!!!!!!

as for garys truck, i just have a massive ********* cloud over my head cause if i knew or the truck had done this when i drove it, probly wouldnt have bothered with it..... no matter what i do it seems like i break things or they break in my presence!

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score
Nope... I still have to manually shift it... I honestly don't think it has O/D either..

We're here to meet JD now.. I parked in a dry spot, so I'll finally be able to crawl under and look at the linkage!

Gary

When you check the linkage,check the TRS (Transmission Range Sensor)conection too. If the plug is corroded it will not shift. If the connection is good the TRS could be bad.

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I told him I had no idea what I was doing with an E4OD. Never thought to check that...what is it...where is it? TRS? Oh yes the drag race was awesome, Sam beat me by a bit, but I held my own. I was kind of being careful cause my brakes are pretty marginal and I didn't want to be sliding into the road after we were done.

tradergem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe you should read the codes on the E4OD and hopefuly pinpoint the problem?
Jim

EMD_DRIVER

Say what?!?!
Reaction score
I made it! 11:05EDT and I'm home!

I had a great weekend (Many thanks to Sam! ;Sweet ;Sweet )

I know I spent WAY too much money, but I wouldn't have missed this for the world!

Gary

P.S. If anyone's interested, I'll tally up the mileage and post results later...

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score
I told him I had no idea what I was doing with an E4OD. Never thought to check that...what is it...where is it? TRS? Oh yes the drag race was awesome, Sam beat me by a bit, but I held my own. I was kind of being careful cause my brakes are pretty marginal and I didn't want to be sliding into the road after we were done.

TRS is the new name for the MLPS(Manual Lever Position Sensor). This switch is on the Manual lever. Driver side of the tranny. When the switch gets funky the tranny will not shift on it own.

EMD_DRIVER

Say what?!?!
Reaction score
TRS is the new name for the MLPS(Manual Lever Position Sensor). This switch is on the Manual lever. Driver side of the tranny. When the switch gets funky the tranny will not shift on it own.

Then that's what it is.. Bradley Roberts and I adjusted the FIPL, but it didn't do a thing.. I have to pull the shifter down to get first, have no second and then shift it up to third. If I try to take off in drive, it takes off in third.. Oh, and there's no O/D-off light... ever..

Gary

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726