I'm getting my second IDI... Need help

EMD_DRIVER

Say what?!?!
Reaction score
really? 800 eh
the katherines has 2, 16 645's and I swore they ran 900. might have something to do with being marine motors.
anyway have fun in fl.
I'm in south central Ga... course I'm beached with pnuemonia, but I'm still willing to wrench in need.

drew

Thanks Drew.. It's always nice to know where there's help available!

I just recently read a tech manual from EMD about the 16-567's that I run.. Max RPM is 808..

Gary

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry Gary, I thought you left already. Yea, that 800 is out of a two stroke though, so it sounds the same as 1600. LOL.

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score
i disagree about that.
I fly about every 2weeks of my life and rarely run into problems.
just don't carry stupid stuff in the carry on.

run the 7.3 like an emd? what 900rpms? would be more fuel efficient.

No you don't run it like an EMD. You drive it like an EMD.:D Other words. In run 8.LOL Hold the throttle and hang on.

DeepRoots

Tug Engineer
Reaction score
yeah but mel whatta about my 2 strokes v16s we run 2100rpms? emds chug, detroits buzzzzzzz.

we luck out, we got bilges.... drip all ya want, I'll just stuff it in the oil tank later.

seriously bro, be careful down here, been raining like made for the few days I've been home.

EMD_DRIVER

Say what?!?!
Reaction score
yeah but mel whatta about my 2 strokes v16s we run 2100rpms? emds chug, detroits buzzzzzzz.

we luck out, we got bilges.... drip all ya want, I'll just stuff it in the oil tank later.

seriously bro, be careful down here, been raining like made for the few days I've been home.

Sam says it's still raining sideways where she's at, but she's still set on picking me up at the airport at 11. Weather underground is saying that the rain's gonna let up some, before I get there. I know there's still all the rain that's already fallen laying around.. I may have to break out the oars! I sure hope my plane's amphibious! :eek:

Gary

Michael Fowler

Reaction score
The good thing-- there is always a good thing--is that all the oils have washed off the roads, so you shouldn't have to worry about wheelspin on take-off.

Enjoy!

EMD_DRIVER

Say what?!?!
Reaction score
The good thing-- there is always a good thing--is that all the oils have washed off the roads, so you shouldn't have to worry about wheelspin on take-off.

Enjoy!

Some of the roads are under three feet of water, according to Sam... I'll probably be lucky to even see any asphalt!:peelout

EMD_DRIVER

Say what?!?!
Reaction score
Here's three pictures she's sent me so far.... Doesn't look good!

Gary

Attachments

• Rain 1.jpg
    Rain 1.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 11
  • Rain 2.jpg
    Rain 2.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 8
  • Rain 3.jpg
    Rain 3.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 6

4x4TruckinGirl

"Cowgirl"
Reaction score
hahahahhahaa you posted those pics on here, thats hilarious. yes that is the road to my house, i drove through that water to talk to a cop who told me to turn around cause there was a down tree and power line in the road, he said my truck could get over the tree easy but the power guys wouldnt let me... aww what a shame i had haul @$$ back through the water!!!! hahahaha..... should be better by tomorrow......

EMD_DRIVER

Say what?!?!
Reaction score
Airport security was a breeze! I showed up early for nothing!

I did get checked out good, but it was a painless process..

Now I only have to wait another two hours for my flight!

Gary

Michael Fowler

Reaction score
Security is really poor! They even ignored the warning I sent with your description.

Have a good trip.

Airport security was a breeze! I showed up early for nothing!

I did get checked out good, but it was a painless process..

Now I only have to wait another two hours for my flight!

Gary

4x4TruckinGirl

"Cowgirl"
Reaction score
Okay, so gary made it here, got him down in orlando this morning, got up here to get the truck and whatnot, took it in for a PM, and now we're goin to get some WINGHOUSE dinner!!!! Im sure he will get on here and post a MUCH more thorough account of todays activities!!!