1988 f-350 7.3 IDI need help with wiring harness

friedmanager732

Reaction score
I have no idea where to start with this question. I am new here I just registered today. My pickup caught on fire the same day I got a new transmission put in. Im pretty sure a wire got pinched, I don't have any dash lights and when I turn on a blinker it's like I have my hazards on. But I do have brake lights. So I found a wire that was connected to the I wanna say it's a solenoid iits on the passenger side by the battery. So I was wondering what the wiring harness would be called and where I would be able to get one. If anyone would be able to help me out with this it would be much appreciated. Thank you

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
Caught fire as in literally on fire? I'd start by finding a new wiring harness...

BlindAmbition

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Post a couple of pictures, that would help a lot

Garysgaragemahal.com has excellent documentation, I also posted service manuals in the tech thread.

friedmanager732

Reaction score
I don't have any pictures at the moment but I will get some yes underneath the back where you would plug in the trailer. I don't know what the wire harness that I need to get for the blinkers and tail lights

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It only burnt up in the back? That should not be too hard to repair. I am going to redo my wiring back there anyway and mine never caught fire. I was going to go up the frame a little ways, and splice some new wires in place. I was going to use trailer wiring and trailer wiring color codes for the brake/right turn wire, brake/left turn and the running lights and the ground wire. I was then going to run a new separate blue wire for the trailer brakes, and a separate wire for the reverse lights. That's all there is back there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online

No members online now.