I'm getting my second IDI... Need help

EMD_DRIVER

Say what?!?!
Reaction score
I just checked out the weather for that area and it looks like they are going to be pounded pretty good tonight.. :eek:

I'm going down there until Saturday morning.. I wonder if there will be enough water still there, for me to consider an impromptu pontoon-mod... :rotflmao :rotflmao

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just wear a robe and turban and a suspicious backpack. I think we'll be ok on the weather front by saturday unless this turns out a lot different than I think it will. Who knows..

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you Towcat..... That's EXACTLY what I wanted to hear!! :eek: :eek: :eek:
I fly one-way quite a bit for work. Even though I fly out of one of two airports and I handle the "suspicious" vehicle impounds at both airports, the TSA flunkies don't care if I have gov't ID's. If it's a one-way ticket, I have to be in line an hour earlier than round-trip to make it to the gate before the doors close. I've learned, easy to remove clothing makes the experience faster, no wise-ass comments due to their lack of humor, and put anything remotely non-essential in checked baggage.
In short, if this is your first one-way.....be prepared and be patient. I ain't kidding.
You guys really should do a mini-meet btw.....:thumbsup:

4x4TruckinGirl

"Cowgirl"
Reaction score
This weather is gunna be a flood!!!! oh well.... anyways yes i agree a "mini meet" may be in order. I have been meaning to get up to gville for quite some time and work and house sitting have just gotten in the way of pretty much my whole life! haha, but either way wa'll work it out!

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I fly, I make sure all my pockets are empty in so much as possible. No belt, and loafers or shoes that act like them. Hey when you get that new truck, just be carefull if you back into any parking spaces, that you don't run over that concrete thing that is usually behind your wheels. LOL

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Gary, it looks like ya might want to pick up a Fording kit for it just to be on the safe side. 25" of rain....:eek:

ford5.9

ford5.9
Reaction score
Did you look into having a hotshot haul it and deliver it to your door? A friend of mine had his 32' Chevy shipped from Wyoming to Waco, Tx for around $850. Saved him alot of time and travel expense, and he did not have to worry about finding any bugs in the vehicle in route.

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He's already committed. BTW if you and Sam want to get together saturday I'd be down assuming I could work it around my work schedule. When are you coming in?

EMD_DRIVER

Say what?!?!
Reaction score
Thought about it, but decided against it. Sam said she wants to show me around her (Drenched) neck of the woods. I also want to check out her truck..;Sweet

I want to see if it lives up to the hype, or if it's :bs ;Poke

She says it's a torrential downpour there, right now.. Keep her and everyone else down there in your prayers...

Gary

EMD_DRIVER

Say what?!?!
Reaction score
He's already committed. BTW if you and Sam want to get together saturday I'd be down assuming I could work it around my work schedule. When are you coming in?

My flight's scheduled to arrive in Orlando at 10:55am. We'll see if it'll stay that way..

Gary

DeepRoots

Tug Engineer
Reaction score
i disagree about that.
I fly about every 2weeks of my life and rarely run into problems.
just don't carry stupid stuff in the carry on.

run the 7.3 like an emd? what 900rpms? would be more fuel efficient.

EMD_DRIVER

Say what?!?!
Reaction score
i disagree about that.
I fly about every 2weeks of my life and rarely run into problems.
just don't carry stupid stuff in the carry on.

run the 7.3 like an emd? what 900rpms? would be more fuel efficient.

At full throttle, my EMD only runs at 800 RPM's.. It does sound impressive though!

DeepRoots

Tug Engineer
Reaction score
really? 800 eh
the katherines has 2, 16 645's and I swore they ran 900. might have something to do with being marine motors.
anyway have fun in fl.
I'm in south central Ga... course I'm beached with pnuemonia, but I'm still willing to wrench in need.

drew