I'm getting my second IDI... Need help

EMD_DRIVER

Say what?!?!
Reaction score
Hello again all,
I am getting my second IDI, but need help getting it here. I live in the panhandle of West Virginia and the truck is currently in Ocala, Florida. As soon as I get tags and insurance on it, I'll be able to drive it up here. What I need, is a way to get myself down there. I only have enough money to afford the fuel to get it here and not for the round trip.

If anyone has an idea or a suggestion, please let me know.

Thanks...
Gary

masterbeavis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hitch a ride at the truck stop, or take the bus. If I were in your situation, if I could convince the old owner of the truck to sit on it for you for a little while longer, I would try that. Making a trip that is $2.55 away from disaster is the kind of trip I do not want to take.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gary, I have a friend who drives for United Van Lines who would probably take you down, but it's hard to say when his next Florida run will be. He's one of my buddies that you owe a cab ride to anyway. LOL

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I live in Gainesville let me know if I can help you. I don't know how that would be though, sounds like once you get here you're in good shape.

Michael Fowler

Reaction score
Good luck with that "new" truck!
Gary, you have come a long way, Two months ago, I bet you couldn't spell IDI--or know what it was. Now you are on your way to owning a fleet. Interesting how things go.
Is this one for your son?

Michael

4x4TruckinGirl

"Cowgirl"
Reaction score
Well kids...... lets cut to the chase, I already have the truck.... its a 1993 f250 XLT extended cab long bed, two tone tan/tan whatever color that is. 240K on the clock, automatic tranny... 4x4 new tires, etc........ bedliner, everything works, oh need to mention its a 7.3 N/A, newer exhaust done on it... clean body a little rust below the drivers and passenger side back window. guess how much it was??? ya'll are gunna drool..........

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Dang!

What I'd like to know is how you conned Sam into picking it up for ya. lol

EMD_DRIVER

Say what?!?!
Reaction score
I didn't con her, nor would I try! :D She both found and bought it!

After riding in my swiss cheese mobile, I think she may possibly have felt sorry for me..:dunno

I just need to get myself down there and pick it up... I don't want to wait too long, cuz she used her own hard earned cash to buy it and I need to get it back to her.. :hail

Gary

EMD_DRIVER

Say what?!?!
Reaction score
Good luck with that "new" truck!
Gary, you have come a long way, Two months ago, I bet you couldn't spell IDI--or know what it was. Now you are on your way to owning a fleet. Interesting how things go.
Is this one for your son?

Michael

My son has already begged me for the 87.. LOL

The 93 has the steelie wheels on it... I'm gonna have to put the aluminum wheels from the 87 on it... Of course, I am gonna have to get those brand new Michelin LTX's put on the aluminum wheels! :D

EMD_DRIVER

Say what?!?!
Reaction score
A new truck is a lot like keeping a mistress ( so I'm told). You need to keep buying it (her) trinkets.

The 87 was nickel and diming me to death... When I move out of this money pit of a house, I'll have a place that I can afford.. That way, I will have the time to fix up the 87 properly! ;Sweet

Gary

4x4TruckinGirl

"Cowgirl"
Reaction score
Kay.... sorry took me a while here but anyways, here are some pics..... of course in that first pic my truck wanted to get a lil camera action.... haha, anyways.... pretty decent truck, needs a vacuum....... ;Sweet

Attachments

• Truck 001.jpg
    Truck 001.jpg
    295.3 KB · Views: 35
  • Truck 002.jpg
    Truck 002.jpg
    308.2 KB · Views: 12
  • Truck 003.jpg
    Truck 003.jpg
    315 KB · Views: 25
  • Truck 004.jpg
    Truck 004.jpg
    291.5 KB · Views: 14
  • Truck 005.jpg
    Truck 005.jpg
    327.2 KB · Views: 17
  • Truck 006.jpg
    Truck 006.jpg
    287.1 KB · Views: 16
  • Truck 007.jpg
    Truck 007.jpg
    259.9 KB · Views: 28
  • Truck 008.jpg
    Truck 008.jpg
    313.2 KB · Views: 15

EMD_DRIVER

Say what?!?!
Reaction score
I got my ride to Fl. today... I'll be flying down next Saturday! ;Sweet :thumbsup: ;Sweet

Thanks again Sam!! I owe you BIGTIME!! :hail :hail :hail :hail :hail :hail :hail

Gary

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online