Added two more doors.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yoke is 134 at six states, but you may get a discount thru work, if you change yoke put in a crush sleeve eliminator, see my sterling thread for u joint number.

Thats funny if I had your yoke I would not have needed a conversion joint.

Leeland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haven't seen any thing purchased from six states, always oem. We just set up a account with Interstate McBee for binder stuff. My oil cooler re-seal kit wasn't really much of a deal from them other then US made, injector re-seal kits though I got a much better deal over autozone for the stroke. *and still US made.

Might be interested in the eliminator later on, for now it's getting the goofy u-joint.

Last edited:

Leeland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We did have a account with sixstates. $56 walk in for a 1330/1350 transition u-joint. Paid 40.89

Didn't touch it this weekend. Last couple weekends.
You must be registered for see images attach

Went away.

Measured the additional length of the crew via a door. 35.5", made the extensions 39". Soldered/heat shrink each into the diesel harness. With the exception of 2 or maybe 3 wires all matched up great color coding wise. It's not a nuisance on length but 35.5" extension would have been fine. Taped and re-sheathed and ran. Pretty close to being done. I refer to it as being at the last 2 years of a 20 year sentence.

Last edited:

turbodidi

Reaction score
Glad to see all the idi lovers up here in Oregon!
Gonna be a nice truck

Leeland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For now. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah. For now lol. Probably be a while before I swap, maybe late summer or even next year. Still have couple parts to collect, and I'd like to enjoy my truck a little while before scattering it again.

Yeah turbodidi, there's a few of us up here and thanks but it is pretty ruff. I'll eventually get around to pulling all the dents but I have no where and no funds to re-spray it at this point.

Last edited:

Leeland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was pretty vague on the recent stuff, like didn't mention at all. Didn't do any thing special with the fuel lines, just used rubber to splice the extensions in. More then likely going to do something different when doing the second repower later on.
Will mention though that a mighty vac did great to prime the fuel line up to the lift pump with a bone dry feed line.
Fire wall mod, needs to go further to the passenger side, I ended up removing completely the heat shield on the bottom of the cab to get the down pipe to fit as well. Probably can see the two forward mounting rivets in the pic of when I folded the lip over. Shield runs a ways back and has three rivets at the back edge.
Trans harness I trimmed down, truck cranks as expected obviously. Not worth worrying about buying a real ZF harness unless it's available and free or cheap when doing a ZF swap. Have one out of a 97 stroke, still has a mlps connector but half the wiring. Easy enough to take the e4od harness, un tape it, pull the solenoid pack wiring up and out of the rest of the harness and cut it at what ever point one wants or even completely remove the terminals and seal the inboard side up to where you can't see the sealant. Literally took me 30 minutes before work one day. Wire codes a page earlier.
Another mod done is the track bar drop bracket bookite made me, don't have a pic but fairly simple like the horse shoe sold by sky, believe I requested a 3" drop for my 4" lift, track bar mounted up with out issue, literally slid the bolts in for the track bar with out a come along or have to beat/pry them in.
Still have some minor things to button up and some newly found repairs needed like my rear passenger doors need new lock solenoids and the linkage greased/oiled and some how my throttle cable inexplicably failing at the sheath in side the cab :mad:
Should be driving it this weekend though. Ready to be finally back in my truck and not sharing the car.

Last edited:

bookite03

Nice Crummy
Reaction score
So does this mean IDI burnout contest this weekend? :peelout

Nice work buddy I'll have to come by soon.

Leeland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah right MR. Traction bars, no burn out for me lol.
Think I owe you a couple of visits actually.

Leeland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nothing major, just little things got done.

Added steps for the wife.

Added a little micro rocker. Had a relay and pig tail laying around, wired up the led lights on the bumper. Figured I'd run my wire before I completely re-assembled the dash.

At only 1500 lumen ea they still hurt the eyes during the day. Might add a light bar later.

Cleaned the interior up some from the project and took it for a spin down to the store. Going to have to re center the steering gear, who ever put the drop pitman arm had their drag link set to a different length. The added height and length is some thing to get used to as well. Still have some things to tweak obviously but I finally have my truck back.
Think the next major surgery is putting in the cac.

Leeland

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Thanks.
Week end projects to come is front axle stuff; ball joint or two, new u-joints, wheel bearings. A/C and cac. Maybe possibly tapping and re sealing a steering gear for hydro assist. Other then that I'm done scattering the truck. That is until I have to repower with the stroke or have my parts and time to do so.

Last edited:

Leeland

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Little maintenance. New: Ball joints, U-joints, wheel bearings/races, wheel seals, wheel studs, syn 75/90.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin