Added two more doors.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
An, gotcha.

At leat I thought there were two housing's. Could be way out in left field though. LOL

I have to do some research on that coating.

Sent from my USCC-C6721 using Tapatalk

bookite03

Nice Crummy
Reaction score
You know those 315's look small now right? ;)

Here's to hoping we can get that engine ready to swing this weekend and make that **** gasser feel what its like to rattle and smoke.

Leeland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's what I'm saying, all I'm aware of is the two housings. The ford unit and the actual ATS unit. Pretty sure Russ had said something about the slight differences between the two in a thread some time ago but don't remember what they were.
The coating he said is micro-slick. He said it is actually a piston skirt coating. You can probably imagine what else I've asked about having coated.

I like my 315's thank you, unless your gonna donate me some 37's..... :flipa
I am hoping so too, not much left before it can come out.

Leeland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Kenny swung by and we pretty well stripped all the stuff in the gassers engine compartment that is not going to be used. Got one gasser eng mount buckets removed, driver side had 3 rivets in it mounting it to the cross member in addition to the two bolts securing it at the frame rail that needs to be dealt with. Plan to just transfer the wheel wells with the wiring to retain some insulation. Started removing the gasser exhaust, it was complete mani's to tail pipe. Almost got a surprise shower when started cutting into it. It's apparently a good time to do some firewall modding for DP clearance.
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Leeland

Full Access Member
Reaction score

For those who haven't done it or aren't quite sure what lip on the fire wall that needs to be modded, that's it.
***** Noticed while installing my DP: go further to the passenger side when doing fire wall mod. Rivet seen (1 of 2) goes to a heat shield on the bottom of the cab, I had to remove to get my DP to fit. "Had"as in easiest for me. Front section of the shield contacted the top of my DP right towards the forward fire wall edge preventing me from slipping it into the turbo all the way and securing the support bracket*****

Little clean up of the frame rails.

Last edited:

cpdenton

Truck needs paint.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good pics of where to cut and reshape on the firewall. Wish I could have done mine with the engine out.

Well, I guess I could have pulled the engine to install the turbo. I need to do a little more on mine if and when the engine has to come out.

Loving the pictures. Thanks

bookite03

Nice Crummy
Reaction score
More clearance the better, especially if you plan on a big turbo/downpipe down the road. You'll thank yourself later.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
What part of Salem are you in? I'll be back in Silverton here soon, maybe I'll come give you a hand.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
To finish school at OSU. If I can land a job there in Oregon after that, that would be awesome. Otherwise it's wherever the winds blow us LOL

I have a ful ride there an free housing a relative owns in Silverton. That's a big savings vs staying here. We are leaving the 16th. I-40 to Socal then North on I-5.

Another thread jack!

Leeland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tell you what, my drive back from SoCal was such a relief especially seeing I was getting close to home when passing through Albany and then the Jefferson exits. Out of a the places my child hood brought me as a army brat and then duty stations I've been at from my own stint in the USMC, Oregon is home.

Leeland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good pics of where to cut and reshape on the firewall. Wish I could have done mine with the engine out.

Well, I guess I could have pulled the engine to install the turbo. I need to do a little more on mine if and when the engine has to come out.

Loving the pictures. Thanks
Not a problem.

bookite03

Nice Crummy
Reaction score
Leeland could always use someone else to bust his chops and crazy ideas ;-) going to have a nice group of IDI guys up here.

jrad235

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a plan, now if y'all would move out of the great frozen south up into the fertile valley... :)