Added two more doors.

Leeland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Nothing special, just makes me happy to have good rubber that won't make milk shakes out of ice cream on the way home from the grocery store.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
beautiful rig.
i need to paint and lift mine.
but for now, she is what it is

Leeland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine needs paint too.
Once those doors are blue think it'll look pretty good with the black wheels you got.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Its going all OD green! same color as the hood.
hopefully i can find my old Navy seabee stencil to put on the door.
If not, S&W will do nicely.

body work sucks.
ive changed gears, currently working on this *******.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Its going all OD green! same color as the hood.
hopefully i can find my old Navy seabee stencil to put on the door.
If not, S&W will do nicely.

body work sucks.
ive changed gears, currently working on this *******.

What the heck is that?? 4x4 IDI ranchero?

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
im not tryin to jack Leeland's thread.
but its a 63 ranchero.
on a 71 IH frame chopped 11" out of the center,
D44HP & D60 with a divorced NP205(chevy axles in this pic)
with a 97 PSD & ZF5

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You should toss up a thread in the diesel conversion forum. That's going to be unique.

Sorry, hijack over.:D

Leeland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That'll be a interesting project. Kinda wanted to throw a ranger body on my reg cab chassis.

Leeland

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Not completely sure how I'm going to finish off the battery boxes but went group 31 today after a no start this morning. It's a tight fit, pic of that when I can. Right now just rolled the lip back over flat, modified stud to post adapters for hood clearance and am using my factory cables. May ditch the posts later and change the cables over for the studs. The new group 31's ran $100 for both, cheaper then I could pick up factory style replacements.

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The new group 31's ran $100 for both, cheaper then I could pick up factory style replacements.

If you don't mind me asking: where'd you pick up G31s for that price?

Post some pics, I always hear that these batteries are a tough swap in a OBS truck, but it sounds like you've got it done with factory cables to boot ;Sweet

Leeland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got my batteries from our parts dept at the big truck dealership I work at. Pics when I can.

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Another battery option, for cost savings if you do not want to/can't do the modifications to fit the Group 31's. If you have an Interstate Battery Truck, or Interstate Battery Store (One of the actual Interstate Storefronts, that only sell betteries, not an auto parts store that sells Interstate Batteries) they have the option I have gone with 3 times now. The have a stock size battery that is all black. No markings, no labels, nothing.... just a black battery with 2 posts and a handle. I have heard them called "blems" or reconditioned batteries (On the receipt they are listed as ECONO AUTO). I have bought a total of 5 now. A set of 2 4 years ago for the 6.0 Excursion, a single for my 98 Sable Wagon, and now another set of 2 for the Excursion this past Saturday. 4 years on any batteries in a 6.0 is a really good lifespan, the 6.0 is ******* batteries. I have read some guys are happy if they get 2 years from a set. These batteries are (at my local store in the East Side of Indianapolis) $39.95 + Tax. For 2 batteries, plus a core charge for the 2 batteries was $121.87 out the door (I had the family and was driving the truck, that is why I went the core/return route). The core refund was $36.38. So 2 factory sized batteries were $85.49. The only "thing" about these batteries is they only have a 30 DAY warranty. However, I have found for the most part, if the battery doesn't fail in the first 30 days, it is more than likely going to be OK, for the "long term". So if in 90 days it dies, it is $40 for a new battery.... but I can't justify paying $125 + each battery to get a warranty that will give me 20 bucks off the next battery in a few years. I can buy 2 or 3 sets (4 or 6 total batteries) of the ECONO batteries for the same price a 1 set (2 total batteries) of a "name brand" with a warranty. Just an option. I have been pleased with them, and have no plans on buying any other type of battery unless I don't have a choice. (They don't carry every battery option in the ECONO, but have most of the popular sizes). Talking to them, they sell a TON of ECONO pickup batteries, a lot of fleets are going to them.....

Leeland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dunno, think I made out for only spending $100 to put new batteries in my truck, and I can just warranty them to boot. Much longer time frame, thought it was atleast a year or so. They're 940cca ea. Truck starts great so I'm happy. Eventually I'm going to ditch the posts period and just run the studs. Makes things easier like hooking up the winch leads or my amp etc.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
The stud type seems a lot better. The least from my personal experience, I haven't seen any that are corroded like lead post batteries.

Sent from my SM-T537R4 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle