Added two more doors.

Leeland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I checked it out on the buddies truck when a few of us OBS guys got together. I got a idea of what I'm going to do.
You must be registered for see images attach

Picked up another superduty turbo for the stroke while back, was missing the pedestal. Picked that up today for $20. So looks like I'm going to move forward with going stroke.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Good deal.
I forget crap pretty easily nowadays. Next time text me to remind me. Lol
Gonna delete the EBPV while it's all out?

Sent from my SM-T537R4 using Tapatalk

Leeland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Probably not. Ill get the thing whole again with the gated super duty turbo and post it one last time but I'm pretty much planning on it not selling.
I got the chance to drive a stroke...Just makes me want to keep the IDI that much more

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Must've been a dog then. Especially if you were comparing to driving your n/a crew cab. Lol
I felt the idi had a little more low end, but that's where the advantages ended for me. And I've driven n/a, wasted gated banks, and a factory turbo one. Mid to upper range power just wasn't there.
I couldn't remember, did you already get the sd up pipes?

Leeland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My truck is not NA, running a true 093. And my idi has heaps more low end over his stock stroke, but his does come alive around 2,000 rpm. His is a really clean 120k miler early stroke. Mid range torque is where my truck likes to break traction if it's going to then falls on its face up in the higher rpm. The stroke non gated housing is fairly large, not really surprised there's no bottom end to it.
SD up pipes look to be the same, had the OBS and SD pipes laid next to each other, didn't find any difference.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Ah, I thought you sold the turbo after that whole ordeal.
The super duty turbo should have the v band clamp for the turbo flange, obs is the normal rectangular one with bolts and studs.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i used a EPBV delete pedistal on my 01.
ill tell you.... it makes installing your up-pipes ALOT easier.
but the new pedistal set me back 120ish.
ive looked into running the wastegatd turbo on my IDI.
would be easier to make your on pedistal.
but, i didnt look at the 093 pedistal and see if i could bolt the PS turbo up to it

Leeland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What?! No lol. I had two 093's. Still running one.
I have the super duty collector, but as for the up pipes them selves, those look to be the same.
Another thing that makes installing up pipes easier,........engine being out of the truck. Lol. Engine is in the garage. Going to assemble it there.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Oh hell, didn't know that. Lol
If you have a welder, I would just build the up pipes, then never have to worry about an exhaust leak back there.

Leeland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not worried, just getting re-sealed. Really don't want to put much effort into the stroke. Not the platform I ultimately want to run.

SuperColonel1

SuperColonel1
Reaction score
Looking for a title or junk crew cab for title for '92 - '97 F350, bought an EBay truck that guy is not sending me the title for.

SuperColonel1

SuperColonel1
Reaction score
Found one Sunday. 97 350 ccsb for $350. Guy is keeping engine, tranny, and rearend. Has gray interior, power windows and locks. My truck doesn't have carpet, this one does. Has a rear bumper like the 18 wheeler front bumpers, even if it's chrome. Going to pick it up next Monday. Now I'll have the harness and all for a powerstroke in case I run into a nice engine. Eventually I plan on putting a 4x4 dually hookup in it. My last hoorah truck.

Leeland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You should start a thread on your trucks with pics. With out seeing them though I would be inclined to run the 97 body vs moving vin plates. There's going to be a little work involved dumping in a idi in a stroke truck though but you should have all the parts to do it.