Added two more doors.

Leeland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

For the first time since late 2011, early 2012 when I did my zf swap I have reverse lights. Added couple 500 lumen work lights an they make a world of difference. No tail gated switch yet, just tied to the reverse light circuit. Autozone used to sell the correct plug just a matter of months ago, recently tried to buy one and they said it's no longer available. I read on here some scuttlebutt about using a windshield washer pump connector. Well if any ones held that connector up to the switch knows it's too wide. Wish I had taken a pic but to make it work I cut with a razor blade pretty much the center section out along the retainers to where I had two separate terminals, approximately the center 1/2" or little under. Those then fit the reverse light switch snugly and to keep them there I used heat shrink to keep them from backing out. Maybe latter I'll add a weather PAC connector to beable to unplug the switch but for now it's hard wired to the e4od harness I trimmed down. Used a 7/8 sensor socket to install switch.

Leeland

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Converting rear doors to electric. Had to make a template to orientate the electric regulator.

Leeland

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Black sharpie marks is where the manual regulator mounts. Didn't have big enough rivets so I elected to go with bolts and self lockers. Still have wiring to lay in the cab, swapping out my grey panels for the tan I picked up.

Doors will be non functioning for now until previously mentioned wiring is done.

Last edited:

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
im looking to convert my 87's rear doors of my CC to electric.
i have an extra set of front doors with electric regulators.
what regulators did you use?

Leeland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I picked up rear regs out of a 97 along with all the wiring and panels.

Leeland

Full Access Member
Reaction score

4" lift clears 38's.

Leeland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks gents.
There's a few of us around in the surrounding area. No big wrenching plans right now, just interior stuff.

Leeland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guy at work wants to do the same thing to his bricknose. Giving him my extra front drive shaft in fact.

Leeland

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Well they looked BA but were miserable to drive on if I'm honest. Got rid of the 38's for 315's again. The ride being just one of a few complaints.