zf5 swap

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
^^^^^ Yeah gotta be a transplant if it's an internal (infernal!) slave.

Hmm, I think Rhino (Rhino Pac?) was the brand of the complete pre-bled kit I got from RockAuto for one of our PSDs. IIRC it has the tabs on the clip, and it def hasn't come off in all these years.

each diesel or full size gets a weird animal name.... White CC F350 4x dually was White elephant...White RC F350 4x white rhino...

It is all based on colour of truck...

Red F250 SC 2wd Red Rhine

Brownish/tan F250 SC 4x Brown Bruin...and so on..

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
still having trouble grasping the concept how there is NOT 2 different types of clips....

you say, there the same, and i can only find one online, but there is clearly a huge difference,
heres a pic of the bell housing of a T-19 i sold to giddy-up.
You must be registered for see images attach

heres my ZF5..
You must be registered for see images attach

not calling you a liar, just confused.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
still having trouble grasping the concept how there is NOT 2 different types of clips....

you say, there the same, and i can only find one online, but there is clearly a huge difference,
heres a pic of the bell housing of a T-19 i sold to giddy-up.
attachment.php

heres my ZF5..
attachment.php

not calling you a liar, just confused.

Well fortunately for me, one of the Slaves in my pic...the one with ears with grip tabs came off a T19 or T18 and I have a T19 here and a couple of ZF's to check fitment.

Going by your lower pic of the ZF it appears the entire tab with gripper is broke off and should slip up onto that angled part that clearly had something scraping on it.

I'll go out and check fitment of my ZF slave and my ahem T series slave and take pics and report back.

There has to be a way for the slave to HOLD onto the bellhousing....so I'll check. I'll also ask a local fellow whom has a 4sp Diesel if I can take pictures of his...thankfully it's under a F350 CC 4x bull nose...so should be able roll under it too!

We will collectively get to the bottom of this issue one way or another....it's what we do here at OB...

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
no sir, its not broken at all!
ITS MODIFIED!!! :D
i had to cut it to fit, i tried my hardest....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online