Zf5 removal issues

Austin86250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look closely. I'll bet that's where the transmission is hanging up.
Yea I did notice it was getting hung up toward the top, I just assumed it was the “missing” bolt thank you
Boy do I hate these turbo idis in stock form so many issues for little power gains

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea I did notice it was getting hung up toward the top, I just assumed it was the “missing” bolt thank you
Boy do I hate these turbo idis in stock form so many issues for little power gains
I can't believe it! Some thought it was the butler, others thought it was the shadowy character that graced chapter three, but @IDIBRONCO (read that Sherlock Holmes) knew instinctively that it was the turbo down pipe. A mystery novel thread with an ending...... great job guys!

hacked89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Which turbo uppipe gets hung up for reference? I have an ATS093 and it was close fit but no issue.

Black dawg

Reaction score
Stock factory turbo trucks are my favorite of these trucks. They do make quite a bit more power for pulling, especially at elevation. A small wastegate adjustment and fuel screw turn makes similar power numbers to an early powerstroke......without the turbo lag.

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Which turbo uppipe gets hung up for reference? I have an ATS093 and it was close fit but no issue.
Probably just the factory turbo. They probably set the motor and transmission on the frame, attached the turbo, and THEN set the cab on top. They're pretty tight.

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stock factory turbo trucks are my favorite of these trucks. They do make quite a bit more power for pulling, especially at elevation. A small wastegate adjustment and fuel screw turn makes similar power numbers to an early powerstroke......without the turbo lag.
My understanding is that when they were coming out with the powerstroke, ford down played the torque and horsepower numbers of the turbo IDI to promote the powerstroke.

Black dawg

Reaction score
Never had problems with the 093/factory kit. So many variations of all the earlier kits, have had lots of different problems with them.

Black dawg

Reaction score
My understanding is that when they were coming out with the powerstroke, ford down played the torque and horsepower numbers of the turbo IDI to promote the powerstroke.
I have heard that many times, but I really believe they were just running its time out and tuned it just enough to be more than competitive with the 6.5td

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have heard that many times, but I really believe they were just running its time out and tuned it just enough to be more than competitive with the 6.5td
Yeah, I've seen charts and graphs, but who knows. I DO know this, once you get used to the extra punch of a turbo it's hard to go back to NA. Even if it's a little punch.

Austin86250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
While yes there are power gains I find that things like glow plugs injectors valve covers take significantly longer to do on the idits so if it was well kept i woudl be more of a fan but more common than not the glow plugs and injectors under the turbo don’t get replaced with the others and to add a cherry kn too the compressor where is destroyed I’m just thankful this isnt my truck
But I wouldn’t think twice about buying one that’s properly kept up with

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramtough01

Members online