ZF-5 S5-42 w/short shifter $800

bajabomber87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ZF-5 S5-42 w/short shifter and T case $600 Lowered Price!

Selling my ZF-5, it has 150k on it, it was clean as hell on the inside when I pulled it apart and many of you have seen my ZF-5 rebuild thread here.

It has a brand new short shifter installed and shifts amazingly great :sly During my ''tear down'' I replaced the rear main shaft bearing and synchro for reverse.

Just for clarification it is a diesel tranny, not the small block bell housing.

$600

Located in Salinas, CA

I'll throw in the transfer case for free with the deal!!!!

Last edited:

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you were closer I'd be thinking about it.

bajabomber87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well the tranny mount developed a crack and then ripped itself off the case, can be repaired but now this thing aint worth jack, Selling the tranny and transfer case for $300.

You wont spend more than $80 at a welding shop to reweld the mount back to the case.

bajabomber87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just to put this in perspective, the short shifter was a little over 200 w/shipping. Its like a $100 dollar tranny and t-case. The tranny is not damaged to where it wont work, ive been driving it for weeks now with no problem.

mech140

mech140
Reaction score
in need of a trnny for my 97 f-250 but i live in eastern ky 41701 zip would you be willing to ship ?would pay youfor your time if this is possible???

Optikalillushun

Reaction score
got a few Qs about the short throw shifter.

how much better does it feel over stock?
Does it interfear with anything? like is it close to the seat in 2-4-R? i have a cup holder n stuff i place over my shifter.
any pics?
can a hurst T handle be made to work on it? :-D

mech140

mech140
Reaction score
will check into shipping options, hopefully someone can help me outor point me in the right direction ,will lt you know as quick as i find something out.....

bajabomber87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
got a few Qs about the short throw shifter.

how much better does it feel over stock?
Does it interfear with anything? like is it close to the seat in 2-4-R? i have a cup holder n stuff i place over my shifter.
any pics?
can a hurst T handle be made to work on it? :-D

Just about 10x's better :D

Seriously its like night and day. My friend tried it and said it seemed shorter than the shifts in his Ranger work truck.

Only time its close to something in my truck is a passengers knee if riding ***** in the middle seat. I dont have cup holders or center console so I couldnt answer that for you, but this shortens your throws, so if your stock shifter works fine without hitting anything, this for sure wont.

The short shifter isnt the handle, you might be confused. Its just the piece that your handle bolts to and goes into the shift tower on top of the tranny.

Pics

http://www.oilburners.net/forums/showthread.php?p=363096#post363096

Last edited: