Y-pipe to up-pipe slip fitting

danno

Reaction score
I’m confident that I can tune this beast by ear but the problem is the hard lines going to the injectors are keeping me from turning the pump any further clockwise and I think it’s too far advanced.

Can you actually loosen all of the injector line connections at the IP without removing the IP?

I have the snap-on socket but I still don’t see how you would get a ratchet on the bottom ones.

Anyway if it weren’t for the black cloud I’d be ecstatic with the turbo .. I’ll post a video tomorrow ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

danno

Reaction score
These are the injectors I installed.. in hindsight maybe this was a bad idea..?
You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

Scotty4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are they a pop test matched set? If you was to verify if the purchase was a bad idea, look in the tech articles for making a pop tester and make sure they're all around the same. I don't remember the number to shoot for or acceptable range but it was mentioned in here recently.

Also check the spray pattern.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't remember the number to shoot for or acceptable range but it was mentioned in here recently.

that number is 1850+/- 25 psi

i prefer to get my injectors from a singular person that actually put their hands on these, change the nozzles, and ensure youre getting a pop matched set.

my go to spots are
www.russrepair.com
www.idiperformance.com

03wr250f

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Remove the injectors one at a time till you can reach the lower lines loosen them, rotate pump. And retorque
With the wastegate still hooked up you won't make much more than 7psi.

I did notice that I gained only .5 psi sealing up my leaking up pipes...but gained 1.5 mpg

My suggestion for timing by ear. Drive it. See what egt smoke and boost do on a test drive you can duplicate exactly. Then make a adjustment and redrive till you get the least black smome boost the soonest and the best egts. That will likely put you close to 7-9*

Sent from my SM-A015V using Tapatalk

danno

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip makes perfect sense I don’t know why I couldn’t wrap my head around accessing the lower injector lines.

I was talking to a buddy at work about a turbo nightmare he had with his corvette and he said that the turbo had a bad oil seal straight from the factory.. is a bad oil seal on the turbo a thing with this stock setup? If so a constant black smoke thing? Before I put the turbo on with just the moose jr and no turbo, it was whitish smoke like unburned fuel... now it’s black like coal fire.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Staff online