WVO eating rubber???

sd2649

Reaction score
I may be mistaken, but I believe that my rubber fuel return lines may be disentegrating from my WVO. I have a return clear filter to see when my system is purgerd and it has little black pieces of rubber in it....... Is anyone else seeing this?? filling the tanks up with rubber isn't my idea of a good time!

oly_fab

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have noticed that it eats up those cloth gloves that are dipped in rubber. It turns the rubber coating to goo.

Stu

Exekiel69

Reaction score
That is not a good sing, the oil You are using may have too much acid in it. Some sources bring bad oil from whatever they put on it :dunno .

hheynow

the misanthrope
Reaction score
I may be mistaken, but I believe that my rubber fuel return lines may be disentegrating from my WVO. I have a return clear filter to see when my system is purgerd and it has little black pieces of rubber in it....... Is anyone else seeing this?? filling the tanks up with rubber isn't my idea of a good time!

According to this Chemical Compatibility Chart Oils:Soybean, Oils:Corn or Oils:Rapeseed (Canola) and Natural Rubber have a compatibility of SEVERE EFFECT :eek:

Exekiel69

Reaction score
what is "the mel mode"???

You jump 2 wires inside the cab so that when You turn the ignition key the truck assumes You are pressing the clutch pedal but You are not so You always start like on automatics but You have a manual. Mel Agne (Agnem) did this on My truck years ago at our first meet on Gettysburg PA and I really like it.:thumbsup:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grizzly Wrecker