WVO conversion complete on 7.3L IDI Ford

harryarmst

Reaction score
I just completed the WVO conversion on my 1993 F250 7.3L IDI non-turbo. I am using a combination of hose in hose and a heated filter system. The oil is filtered down to 5 microns before I put it in the tank. The truck seems to run and idle fine on the hot WVO but sounds alot more like a diesel as soon as I switch to the WVO tank. Is this normal? Typically you can hardly tell it is a diesel when riding in the truck but when I switch over to WVO the engine gets slightly louder and sounds more like a Dodge diesel truck.

Thanks,

Harry

Brad S.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats on running a alternate source of fuel.
Just so I don't cross my own wires, your running wvo without changing/processing it to bio-diesel????
This is interesting, Andertusa has a thread going about wvo, bio-diesel and processing etc.
Is the HIH, (hose in hose) bought or did you make one???? If you have some pics that would be great.
The sound difference IIRC, is normal, but usually it gets quieter when running on wvo/ wmo etc.

harryarmst

Reaction score
Congrats on running a alternate source of fuel.
Just so I don't cross my own wires, your running wvo without changing/processing it to bio-diesel????
This is interesting, Andertusa has a thread going about wvo, bio-diesel and processing etc.
Is the HIH, (hose in hose) bought or did you make one???? If you have some pics that would be great.
The sound difference IIRC, is normal, but usually it gets quieter when running on wvo/ wmo etc.

Brad, I am running on straight filtered WVO in the 2nd tank. I have processed biodiesel in the past, I actually went 5 years without any regular diesel on B100 straight (about 4,400 gallons worth) before my WVO suppliers started to dry up. I figured I might as well do the conversion to get the most out of my oil. With Biodiesel the engine didn't sound much different at all from regular diesel but it is louder with the WVO.
I made the HIH system with a home made dual heated filter setup and an electric pump. I want to do a youtube video on it, hopefully I can get to the video this weekend.

Harry

NO_SPRK

User & Abuser
Reaction score
if its louder with WVO then you may have a air intrusion problem. this can happen with SVO/WVO.

the engine should not "clack" any harder then diesel. it should quiet down a little

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fizzle