WTB TURBO!!!!!!!!!

gamudslinger88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:yell: I am looking for a turbo setup for my 85 6.9. Anyone have one they wanna get rid of. I am iterested in any of the 3 manufactures so what ya got;Really

gamudslinger88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would if it was 4wd but I already that too many projects. I am just looking to the turbo setup but nice try though. ;Sweet nice truck by the way. Come on I know someone has one just laying around collecting dustLOL

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
I would if it was 4wd but I already that too many projects. I am just looking to the turbo setup but nice try though. ;Sweet nice truck by the way. Come on I know someone has one just laying around collecting dustLOL

not to many collecting dust, they usually get snatched up. still looking for one for me to. :D just need to have the funds match

FordGuy100

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that Typ4 has a Factory turbo setup that he's trying to sell. Or at least he was trying to sell it when I bought mine off of it. You should pm him and ask.

gamudslinger88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea have the funds, in fact I was looking at buying new from Hypermax but I thought I would see if I could get one used and save a few bucks.

Will the factory turbo run about the same as a hypermax,banks, or ATS setup? how much boost do they produce and are they equiped with a waste gate or not?

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Yea have the funds, in fact I was looking at buying new from Hypermax but I thought I would see if I could get one used and save a few bucks.

Will the factory turbo run about the same as a hypermax,banks, or ATS setup? how much boost do they produce and are they equiped with a waste gate or not?

The factory ATS turbo that ford used on the 94 IDI's (when ordered, there were N/A 7.3 IDI's in 94 as well) are wastegated. It should make just as much boost as the others. I think it was fairly complete, all you would need is an exhaust, and possibly some gauges and you were all set to go. I think he wanted something like $1250 for it, which is cheaper than all the others new. With exhaust and gauges that would come out to like $1700. I'm pretty sure it was rebuilt as well, but I might be wrong.

Send him a pm and ask him if he still has it.

gamudslinger88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
$1250 to me is a little high consedering you can buy a new hypermax setup for $1875 and comes with "Pulse Turbocharger System for the 1983 F-Series Pickup" This will be the way I go if im going to buy new. check it out and tell me what you think about it http://www.gohypermax.com/ProductDisplay.aspx?ID=979043c8-2843-42ae-a93c-2c699b9df8d2

Im not saying its not worth it so dont scald me for saying that. Do you know if it was a complete kit and if the turbo way in good shape (no shaft play or nicks on turbine) or if its been rebuilt or needs rebuilding. I sent him a PM earler this afternoon and waiting a reply. I will be more than happy to talk to him and see what he has.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online