WTB: OBS Fummins

1994IDI

Reaction score
Good to be back Gents,

I haven't posted in awhile, but am looking to get back into an OBS ford with a 12V. I don't have the time or inclination to start a Fummins project from ground zero, as I'm gone about 300 days out of the year, and am currently deployed right now. But it has long been a dream of mine to get my ass in a Fummins. Again, looking for 12V, 4WD, no rust, preferably a 5 Speed.
Once found, I will be selling my '02 24V, extended cab long bed, 5 spd, 4WD with 145,000 mi.

Any information is welcome and appreciated. Thanks in advance. It's great to be back.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
best thing to do is start trolling CL for your truck during your downtime between shifts. I've seen them pop up there reasonably priced. otherwise, if you gotta have it, and are willing to pay the gotta have it now price, any of the Cummins forums will be your best hit.
in all the years I've bought and sold vehicles, I've seen and touched only 4 Cummins conversion jobs for sale.

HS108

Diesel Newb
Reaction score
It's not pretty but it does help, I like the truck, but man that Interior is shot, and that just brings the truck down sooo much IMO

But I would like to own that truck, you can make crazy power cheap in that thing

TWeatherford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No its insulation over the inter-cooler pipe.
Looks like a pretty fair deal

I see now. I couldn't see it on my phone.

Wonder what he did for a fan? If he left the transmission where it was I'm surprised the serpentine belt isn't rubbing the radiator. I don't see how he could even fit an electric. My transmission is moved 2+ inches back from factory and I don't have much room for even an electric but I am fitting a mechanical fan. Mine is fine without a fan until I sit in traffic or start idling off road.

I'm pretty critical of swapped trucks for sale, due to my own unfortunate experience. Anyway, that's not what this thread is about - this guy is looking for a truck. Sorry for the brief hijack.

1994IDI

Reaction score
Thanks to all for the responses so far. I'll try to get a hold of the guy in Knoxville today... Though, like Taylor, I'm leery of the work. Corrosion all over the battery terminal tells me that he wouldn't even keep up on the simplest of maintenance.
I'd kill to find a conversion from an owner who took pride in their truck... I guess I can wish in one hand and **** in the other.

Please keep them coming gents, I really appreciate it.

Jared