WTB: fuel tank selector valve for OBS

lindstromjd

Black Sheep
Reaction score
Well, I just spent all day at the junkyard and couldn't find a single diesel in the yard. I need the frame-mounted tank selector valve for my '94 PSD. I'm sure it's the exact same as any other OBS, or possibly a brick nose, but I'm not sure. Can anyone help me out here?

Iowa 73

FNM
Reaction score
I have a couple of 88/89 versions, but I cannot guarantee their functionality. The '89 one did not seem to suck air, but I only used the front tank on it. If you are OK with that one, I can compare it to the one on my '97 PSD.

lindstromjd

Black Sheep
Reaction score
Got a local-ish member looking at a yard near him today, so we'll see what happens. I might end up needing a backup anyway though. What are you guys looking to get for yours?

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I sell new ones if you guys can't find something to your liking, but yeah they are $150 or so.

BrandonBerkosky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jon found a nice universal Napa one. Idk how much but contact him for part numbers and such. I know ur trying to go used but just letting u know

cpdenton

Truck needs paint.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How did this work out for you Jeremiah? Curious if that one worked or not.

lindstromjd

Black Sheep
Reaction score
How did this work out for you Jeremiah? Curious if that one worked or not.

It kind of worked, but either the front tank pickup is really clogged or the selector valve doesn't quite open all the way. If I really get into the throttle, the fuel filter light comes on and if I don't let off it right away, the truck starts to die from fuel starvation. I just put it back on the rear tank for now and will deal with it later. I plan on putting a 38 gallon tank in the rear, and fixing the front tank as soon as I can.

lindstromjd

Black Sheep
Reaction score
Nope. Sold the truck to a friend of mine and he hasn't done it either. But he's going to go with a 2007 fuel pump/filter combo instead of the super duty pump I had for it.