1994 E350 7.3idi elect. connection: Fuel tank selector valve

sieg01

Reaction score
I want to install 2 fuel tank selector valves. One for the diesel the other for the return line.

On the F-trucks seems to be fuse number 15 for the tank switcher.
But where do we connect these valves on the Econolines, to get electricity in "run" position?

I would like to connect the cable(s) somewhere after the internal fuse box wiring in the cockpit and not at the glow plug controller in the dog house.
Any ideas?

The valves I am using are Sirai L340. One such valve consumes 13 Watts when on. No idea how much it consumes (peak) when switching on.

Thanks.

Cubey

Van dweller
Reaction score
I cant be of much help about your exact question since mine had a factory valve, so the wiring was already down on the frame rail; but for my fuel pump, I use a simple relay to power it, with the signal power to the relay coming from the radio wire that comes on when the ignition switch is turned. The pump has it's own fuse between the battery and the relay and the battery connection goes through the relay to the pump, so the only extra power coming off of the radio wire is to power the relay. Works fine.

sieg01

Reaction score
Thanks Cubey for the hint.

I'll probably try fuse #9.
I took the A/C out and now there should be - hopefully - some "space" for these valves without the need of a relay.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online