WOW! Check out this Barn Find

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
I know it's jsut our natural tendency to pick stuff apart, but I don't see any signs of painting over rust. Sure they painted the undercoating. When I bought my truck, it had the same treatment. It lasted 5 years.

I was thinking the same thing, Nobody here has anything that nice sitting in our garages, but by golly we sure can cut down that one cant we,..:rolleyes:

I make my living buying and selling cars and trucks so I am constantly looking on the internet for inventory, That thing is one of the most beautiful unmolested original trucks that I have seen to date.

Thanks for posting it!

Thatguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
don't get me wrong...... that is a beautiful truck .... but ...... there is no way somebody drove that 39,*** miles with out an oil leak and a small ding or 2 and a little wear on the inside. It didn't even look that good off the show room floor. It is still gorgeous and I want it.

Ataylor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Before reading anyone elses posts, I thought the same about it being a restoration. That truck is cherry, but I think it has been painted. Factory paint had more peel than that truck has. I'm not knocking the truck, I would love to have it. Especially with the 6 cylinder and 4 speed. I know it is a truck, but I would have a hard time driving something that nice and putting it to work. I would find myself parking at the furthest reaches of parking lots away from any stray shopping carts.

Eason

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's a nice truck, but I agree with Heath. It's been restored. If I remember correctly the bolts holding the body to the frame were NOT painted. Also the truck would not have had carpet, and that's new aftermarket carpet. Nice truck just not as original as the seller claims. Eason

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Even if it is restored, he probably has much more into it then what it is fetching (usually the case for most restorations I would suspect). Even if it isnt factory, that is extremly clean.

The people I suspect that are bidding on it are doing so for nostalgia reasons. I would think that they use to own, or someone close to them owned a truck just like it and they want the exact copy. If I were to buy that truck, it would be for a Sunday driver, to drive around and reminice about those memories. It would never see a load or anything in the bed.

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
I guess i'll go against the grain here, I think it is BFU and if the guy restored it, he should have painted it a different color scheme, imho, that color scheme is hideous!

Not sure about resto versus barn found, but if the guy is lying about it being restored, care to take bets on the actual mileage?

f-two-fiddy

Reaction score
I do notice that the air cleaner cover, and master cylinder are painted. I believe the Air Cleaner Cover was anodized AL.? I know the MC/Booster is not correct.

freebird01

Post Turtle!
Reaction score
yep very nice truck. id drive it in a heartbeat.... in fact the front clip i picked up for my ex cab has the same paint scheme only difference is this front clip doesnt have the upper beltline chrome...it has the wide two tone blue pinstripe instead.