WOW 74 Crew 4X4!

buy it or not

• Total voters

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Maybe if I was filthy rich and had nothing better to do with my money.
The darn thing sure is pretty :love:

--------Robert

suv7734

Reaction score
It looks really nice but there are a lot of things that are advertised that are wrong especially when you look underneath. The frame etc has been rattle-canned and the driveline is not correct. Not to say that's bad but... From what I can see of the pic its NOT a divorced transfer case as advertised it's the 1977 1/2 and later bolted directly to the C6. The front diff is new style 1977 1/2 and later with a high pinion (reverse rotation) which may or may not work with that 203 or 205 transfer case (I didn't look that close) Interesting to see if that's maybe why the PTO winch has never been 'spooled'. The oil pan is leaking and showing signs of damage, brake drums not painted etc. Not trying to be nasty but for that money...
It does look nice but it's certainly not 'all that' when it comes to the driveline... the rest however does look pretty cool.

Bruce

Mr_Roboto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Beautiful job topside. Looks like someone did a lot of work on the body, then someone else spray painted underneath. And as was said above, it is obviously not a divorced transfer case.

And what's with that dreadfully out-of-place steering wheel? The 70's trucks were available with cruise, so there is no excuse.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very nice. I love music, but that's overkill. I bet it makes your feet itch from all that bass. Whoever bought it would definitely need to commit it to a life of upkeep, as I doubt it likes moisture very much. The comment about the transfer case puts everything else the guy wrote in doubt. Too bad.

84TD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I vote yes..... and then sell the stereo. If I wanted something I couldnt haul anything in I wouldnt have bought a truck. Like the cap though. everything else has to go. Thats just me.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
ooooooo pretty, i would drop allot of that stereo crap though to recoup some of your cost.
i live those truck though

oregon-mike

Reaction score
Which one of you yahoos told the seller it'd be better with a 6.9 diesel in there? :cheers:

That's a great looking truck, but yeah, way too much stereo for me to want to mess with.

Mike

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online