Would pics of WMO junk be helpful in dealing with WMO.

Brad S.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had a thought the other day, if we had a sticky note thread in this section with pics of junk that everyone has come across.
Kinda like the tech articles/section in the 7.3 IDI section.
That way if someone has a question on what something could be this could help.
I know there are some things that are UFO, (unidentified floating objects) in every batch of wmo.
Whadda ya think.

focker

Reaction score
Yeah that would be good.I am looking to do wmo in my cummins would you recommend anything for me?

idiabuse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just filter the junk out, I have found a place I get bags of saw dust to rid my waste oil with.
I have batches of bad oil, stuff with lots of dirt, paint, I let it all sit for a time, then pour the oil
into a clean up barrel with filter socks.
The rest I throw into a drum with sawdust.
To rid of waste I can send it to the local dump or use it to keep a fire going for a few days.
I sure can go thru some oil in a hurry, I am low now and looking for some WMO at the moment, I did
score about 150 gallons of stale boat gas so I'm good for a long time there! no buying gas anymore...

Javier

Brad S.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Focker, not trying to be a smart ass, but just do alot of reading in this section first.
Try to learn from what others have done before.
There are many different kind of setups. Start with some stuff you might already have laying around.
A couple barrels, some way to pump wmo, and some sort of filtering device. Kinda like Javier said above filter socks are a good place to start.
I've read of people using old pants with the legs tied off.
Remember that using wmo in a diesel is very much a "buyer beware" kinda of thing, it's not trouble free.

Josh Carmack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The tied off pants DID not work for me, I used a pair of my old US Navy issue utility pants which were of a nylon permanent press type, and it repeat did not work well. I got some 25 micron filter bags that I now use that work extremely well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SixFourShanks08

Staff online

Members online