would an 89 gas sender work on an 89 diesel?

GREASE FIRE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
looks like there is no way i can get a replacement sending unit for my 89 f250 unless i go to a dealer, and i can't even imagine what a rip off that would be so i am trying to figure out if there are any other options besides running out of fuel every once in a while...
It seems that the senders for an 89 gasser are still available - i would think the ohms would be the same - does anyone know if this would/could work? Or are there any other options out there?
thanks,
paul

supervert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have been thinkin the same thing, i have a good sender out off my old 460 truck. i think the plugs are different, but its just wires.

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why don't you post the resistance readings off of the gasser sending unit, I am pretty sure somebody on this site will know what the correct diesel range should be. You could also just plug it in and excercise it while watching your fuel gauge, but I would just post the values and wait for somebody to chime in.

Double-S-Diesel

parts seller
Reaction score
sender will work, need to change the wires on some, diesel only uses the 2 for the guage, you will have to remove the pump, and add a piece of fuel line to take its place, did this on our 88 truck

Brimmstone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure what anyone else would pay but my old Ford parts guy quoted me 150 bucks for a brand new sending unit for the front tank on my 87.

GREASE FIRE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
since i have to pull the tank anyway to find out where it is leaking i need to find the right sender asap. So i will get one from a gasser and make it work, but the only other question is, does it have to be from a gas tank that is the same size as my diesel tank or does that part not matter?
thanks,
paul

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin

Members online