Worth it to run two fuel filters?

91crew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 87 has a racor water separator in place of the stock one. I believe it needs a new filter. Should I replace the filter in it or just leave it out and let the main fuel filter do it all? For what its worth, I'm running prefiltered WMO through it as well.

Last edited:

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
i have a small fram G3 before the holley red pump, that collects the big junk from hurting the pump, than on the firewall there's a small scree filter than a large racor. again, the more the merrier! ;Sweet

-Jon

DOE-SST

1994 E350
Reaction score
Okaaaay,;Really;Really;Really

Where are your filters located relative to your pump(s) (before/after), and what kind of filters/pump(s) are you using.

I am just about to redo my fuel system and would like some ideas.:dunno

I have the factory filter, 2 goldenrods (12, 10, & 5 micron filter elements), and a couple small disposable filters.;Sweet;Sweet

On my van, the fuel exits the single tank, goes 12ft forward to the lift pump, goes 9ft rearward to the factory filter, then goes 8ft forward to the IP. I think this is a really poor design, unless all the hose had some other purpose than transporting fuel.

My factory lift pumps works fine, but I'm thinking of removing it and going with a single electric pump. Accessing a dead lift pump on a van is a miserable job.

I'll be running WMO from a separate tank too.

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think that redundant filtration is always a great thing to have. I have a CAV filter/sep as soon as my fuel leaves the tank, a screen integral to my facet duralift pump and then the stock filter. I'd really hate to trust this fuel system to a single filter and that is never more true than with running fuel cocktails.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vinceslamer

Members online