won't start 06 Duramax

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Buddy here at work has an 06 with 26k miles and when we hit the starter it just bumps on and off - I can hear the starter and it sounds like she getting good juice but like you just shut the key off and back on type of thing.

I checked the battery cables and naturally since he just purchased the truck not long ago both batts look good.

Showing about 12 volts on the dash meter.

Checked the cables on the starter and it looked good as well.

What are some other things we can check before the tow truck gets here to haul it off to the dealership (still under warranty).

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is the security system showing up activated on the dash?
Did he do anything unusual getting into the truck?
Lastly, if the starter is like our Mitsu units, "tap" the solenoid with a heavy object.

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
been pretty busy tonight here at work - he just walked in as he is on the other shift (days) and the security light is not showing on the dash. He said the heck with it and called a tow truck last night when he got home - he said it's headed to the dealership... it's 1 degree out so I'm not sad to see someone else take care of it. But I'll update as to what they say...

Moving to Duramax section as the emergency is over at this point.

92F350CC

Ford Man
Reaction score
Pull start an auto? I highly doubt it. 100% sure it's an auto since GM was dumb enough to eliminate stick as an option a year or two ago.

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Dealership said it was bad contacts in the solenoid. They replaced and truck starts fine. Still I told him from now on to please park at the back of the parking lot as to make it easier for the tow truck to gain access to his truck...

I told him about this site so may he will see this post...

rubberfish

Reaction score
Pull start an auto? I highly doubt it. 100% sure it's an auto since GM was dumb enough to eliminate stick as an option a year or two ago.
No stick available anymore? That sucks.
And yes, I realize one can't pull start an auto. ;Really

TLBREWER

Windy B Ranch
Reaction score
No stick available anymore? That sucks.
And yes, I realize one can't pull start an auto. ;Really

Unfortunately GM did away with the 6sp manual. However, I'm very pleased with the 6sp Allison. Not sure that would have been my first choice either if given the option. Don't know what their reasoning was since the other two still offer manual transmissions. I would think they've got ot be losing some market share by not offering a manual tranny.

Tom

macs

macs
Reaction score
Dealership said it was bad contacts in the solenoid. They replaced and truck starts fine. Still I told him from now on to please park at the back of the parking lot as to make it easier for the tow truck to gain access to his truck...

I told him about this site so may he will see this post...

Bad contacts with only 26K miles on it?? They just don't make them like they used too huh?

82fordtruck

Reaction score

You could still get an 06 with the manual if it was ordered that way. I wish I had.

I do like the allison though....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online