WMO thinners

Boost_Happy

Reaction score
You coming to Boise?? let me know if you need some oil!!! just got a batch done..... kero shouldnt fry your pump, its really similar to diesel...

Matrix- I welded a fitting to my drum and just screwed in the water heater element, so yes its in direct contact witht the oil.

Matrix37495

The Amish Wolfman
Reaction score
Sweet. My dad has a junk water heater in his front yard.... Time to rob the thermostat and heating element..... :D

Devilish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have some badass 175gal steel tanks used for collecting wvo. The reason I mention this is that there is a vertically mounted piece of box tubing in the middle of the tank. A 300 watt element screws in the bottom and it holds antifreeze in the tube. You could make one out of pipe the slides down the drum hole to warm the oil. Portable, less risk of drum leakage and fire should something bizarre happen to the element.

Boost_Happy

Reaction score
your gonna want more then 300 wats, i run a 1500watt one and it barely gets it up to 160-180 for 55 gallons

phazertwo

Die Summer DIE!
Reaction score
You coming to Boise?? let me know if you need some oil!!! just got a batch done..... kero shouldnt fry your pump, its really similar to diesel...

Matrix- I welded a fitting to my drum and just screwed in the water heater element, so yes its in direct contact witht the oil.

I was in a town called Hammet, its just south east of Mountain Home. But yeah, I am home now.

It seems to me that kero may be harder on the seals. It seem to be just like diesel, just with NO lubricity, I think water has more.

PZ

phazertwo

Die Summer DIE!
Reaction score
I would imagine, but with a finger test (rubbing two fingers together with diesel, and two with 18% kero) I cannot tell a difference. However that is a worthless test, and I would imagine that the WMO has more lubricity.

I am really contemplating adding some Powerservice additives to my mix to get the cetane up, help with lube, and help deal with gelling in the winter. Just another cost to add to my fuel in my quest for a diesel equivalent. Its all going to come down to cost to benefit ratio.

PZ

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert

Members online