WMO filteration setup for under 50 bucks

ut99dot1

Reaction score
Hi, I've been using this setup to filter WMO. I get it for free from a local garage and mix it with heating oil / kerosene to burn in my car. The design I made was so it fits these design criteria:
1. it's quiet (doesn't have electric pumps that make noise)
2. compact
3. cheap (under 50 bucks)
4. produces enough for a weeks use

Edit. Some more info: the 1 micron PP filter I found out I can use for approx 25gallons.

See attachment =)

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like a fine set up. There's a guy on here that did a comparison of a 2 tank system verses a 1 tank system. He has an old Benz that he does like 50/50 wmo to diesel and an old ford that one tank is diesel for starting and shut down and a 90%wmo tank for driving. He said he's working towards modifying the Benz for a 2 tank deal. welcome to the club!

ut99dot1

Reaction score
Thanks. Nice ideas. I'm currently driving with 75% WMO. It starts a lot rougher, but once moving it's good, though smokey. I ordered some stuff to build a setup with:

1. heated fuel filter
2. heated injection lines
3. electric pump before injection pump, to help pumping thicker oil
4. increased glowplug warming time

I'll make a new topic once I got everything up and running. Goal is to run 100% WMO on 1 tank system, even in winter. Will see if its feasible. I already played with injection timing and it made a small improvement in power/smokiness.

ut99dot1

Reaction score
Hi yes, this is theoretical ofcourse;

1. the injection lines hold cold fuel that will get squirted in the engine first, until its all replaced by warm fuel from the fuel pump
2. the metal will be cold and cool down any new hot fuel until its all warmed up

I'll wrap this pad (only 4$) around the injector lines, powering them from the glowplugs (so they go on/off together). Will see if it makes a difference. Worth a try.

Attachments

• pad.png
    pad.png
    88.3 KB · Views: 8
  • injectorline.jpeg
    injectorline.jpeg
    15 KB · Views: 8

Debbob

Reaction score
try a davco 382 with a 2-micron filter. heats fuel with Engine antifreeze mine also has a 120v heating element

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's another guy that has his heater hose that comes from his block to the firewall wrapped around his fuel filter several times to keep the oil warm. I think he lives in Oregon or something.

ut99dot1

Reaction score
Nice tips, with the davco I can run WMO directly without pre-filtering :Thumbs Up

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86