wmo questions

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
I doubt it's the filter's fault, more likely is loose hose connections. The dirtier the cloth filter is the better it filters....A filter that is too small can be an issue too.

sassyrel

Reaction score
I doubt it's the filter's fault, more likely is loose hose connections. The dirtier the cloth filter is the better it filters....A filter that is too small can be an issue too.
i bought the filter brand new--and it said in the instructions-------OILED FROM THE FACTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and it was oily!!!!!! but before i put it in--i could read a newspaper thru the filter!!!!! go ahead and run the damn thing--and see if you get any money out of k&n for a new engine--this was discussed on another diesel site long time ago--and many ruined engines!!!!!!!! right-----------------------------

sassyrel

Reaction score
As for the "k&N" filters PLEASE DONT USE THEM!!!! I have only worked at the dealership a month and I have already seen more than a dozen turbos replaced (at owners expense mind you) due directly to aftermarket filters. These arent just new 6.0's and 6.4's either most are on powerjoke 7.3's. They let through fine grit and sand that trashes the intake impeller and destroys the housing and seals. You might gain 10hp but is it worth a new turbo every year or so?
ya, and if it was only the turbo--thats bad enough--let alone the rings in the engine------

ford5.9

ford5.9
Reaction score
So, what is a CAT system. Yes, I''m the FNG. I've heard about running WMO and seemed too good to be true. What is the best oil to use: motor oil or trans, hydraulic, etc? I've started gathering parts for running WVO in one of my Ford IDIs, but heck, if motor oil will work and dont have to deal with the glycerin, I'm there. I have a 300 gallon overhead tank the I was going to gravity feed thru 10, 5, and 2 micron filters where it would end up in a 120 gallon holding tank to be pumped into my truck. Could I use this set up for WMO????? Can someone educate me on this subject?

69dieselfreak

well that nice
Reaction score
ya those filters will work perfectly fine even a 10 and 2 would do it thats what im running and the cat system its just a basic term for filters that bigrig and my self are using

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
So, what is a CAT system. Yes, I''m the FNG. I've heard about running WMO and seemed too good to be true. What is the best oil to use: motor oil or trans, hydraulic, etc? I've started gathering parts for running WVO in one of my Ford IDIs, but heck, if motor oil will work and dont have to deal with the glycerin, I'm there. I have a 300 gallon overhead tank the I was going to gravity feed thru 10, 5, and 2 micron filters where it would end up in a 120 gallon holding tank to be pumped into my truck. Could I use this set up for WMO????? Can someone educate me on this subject?

from what i have seen and gone through WMO and WVO have allot in common in the way you should heat them to get them to flow and burn well. WMO is more redily available and really dousent require as much heat though. you can usually just add WMO up to a 50/50 mix to diesel with no problem. work up to that number though and listen to your engine. if you want to go all out 100 WMO i highly reccomend heating it and starting and stopping on diesel.

some have had problems woth carbon build up some havent, something to be aware of though. i think the problems were more from questionable oil or runnign thick mixtures in an engine that was to cold.

i am not sure how a computer would do with it either or if you have a cat on your truck. my BIL runs it in his powersmoke without a problem though. its not without risk but can save a ton of money.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726