Windshield wiper governor

frankenwrench

overkill is under rated!
Reaction score
I had problems with my wipers,they would work good on the higher delay settings but on the lower they would work and then stop or stop mid wipe and not continue. I took the steering wheel control switch apart and cleaned and die electric greased(no change) i then pulled the wiper relay by the glove box and cleaned and greased (a little better but not much) i then pulled the cover off the wiper motor (i was able to leave the motor in place) and cleaned and greased the contacts and it worked like it was brand new. It has worked for over a year. I was about to by a new relay because i had heard the same contact click under the dash. I was almost ready to spend the money. I did find this that is affordable if anyone needs it.
https://shop.broncograveyard.com/92-96-Wiper-Relay/productinfo/35216/
I think ur in an obs. My relay is just above parking brake. And I don't have the multi function switch. Mine is a knob that u turn. But I do appreciate the response. For some strange reason I did find one of the spares in the red side of the plug to be corroded badly and was able to gently pull it and spade stayed in the plug. Stripped the wire on fresh looking copper and ran it through the plug again and crimped new spade on and seated it into the plug. Been sprinkling heavily here so got to try it out immediately and all was well. Everything worked with the switch in both settings and the intermittent settings as well! Drove about 2 n a half hours one way to trailer a parts car for a friend with wipers functioning perfectly. Then on the two n a half hours back still no issues. This morning however, my windshield is frozen. Wipers stuck to the windshield in what looks like a quarter inch thick sheet of ice. Wish I knew how to post videos so that I can put up a cold start on another thread here. Lol. It's 17 here which is abnormally and exceptionally cold for this area

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svttim

Members online